[Book 1 - Global Evolution] Chapter 22

A reader suggested that I should put a number (1, 2, 3...) next to anything that needs further explanation and explain them later at the end of each chapter as they find it distracting. I always try to make it as convenient for you readers as possible, so from now on, explanation will be placed at the bottom of each chapter. Cheers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------       

Cong Xia originally thought that the chief of staff was only going to see Cheng Tianbi. He didn't expect that Zhao Qian would look at him and say.

"You too."

Cong Xia was quite surprised. He and Cheng Tianbi left the room together.

The two men were taken to an office room on the second floor where three middle-aged men were sitting, Cheng Tianbi formed a military salute.

"Chief Zhao. Commander Liu. Deputy Commander Shen."

"Comrade Cheng Tianbi, please have a seat."

The chief of staff pointed at the chair.

"And you, little comrade, I heard that you were Professor Cong's nephew, is that correct?"

Cong Xia nodded.

"You know my uncle?"

"We met in Beijing once. Professor Cong is now an important person in Beijing. He is the backbone of the team which is studying this global evolution."

Cong Xia was not surprised. His second uncle's previous contributions in the field of paleontology were internationally famous. Coincidentally, this evolution was inseparable from his field. The chief of staff looked at Cong Xia.

"You probably think that Professor Cong gets special treatment from the central government because he is an expert in biology, right?"

Cong Xia answered with a question.

"Could it be that there are other reasons?"

"Of course this is one of the important reasons, but more importantly, Professor Cong is a brain mutant."

Brain mutant?!!

Cong Xia and Cheng Tianbi looked at each other face to face. They knew what the other person was thinking.

As global evolution intensified, the two men became aware of more and more evolved species. The more they knew, the more they hoped to classify these evolved species into a system so that they could understand them more easily.

At present, there were two types of evolutionary directions that they had speculated. One was like Cheng Tianbi, who could control the natural forces, but for now, they knew only him who belonged to that group. The other type was those who had their own genes enhanced. This was more common. For example, the most common one was enhancement in physical strength. In addition, there was also one person who got his hair mutated. The evolution of Cong Zhenzhong's brain also confirmed this.

But then they also discovered one exception. That was Liu Fengyu. Liu Fengyu refused to tell them the direction of his evolution. Moreover, his evolutionary direction did not seem to be either controlling the natural forces or genetic evolution. In other words, there might be at least three patterns of human evolution. There might be even more, they just hadn't found out yet. Nevertheless, each time that they became aware of a new form of evolution, it was an equally important piece of information. Cong Xia asked.

"What are the specific characteristics of the brain mutants?"

"Their IQs are extremely high, their memories are astonishing. Their analytical and computing capabilities are comparable to computers. They are one of the most precious and rarest evolutionary directions that we have discovered so far."