[Book 1 - Global Evolution] Chapter 5

Cheng Tianbi whispered.

"Slowly put the backpack on the ground."

Cong Xia gulped down his saliva. He also realized that the monkey had been staring at him since the beginning. This monkey was probably a pet raised by this family. The human had left and locked it inside the house, now the food was all spoiled, it must be quite hungry.

Cong Xia was observing the monkey's every move while gently placing the backpack on the ground and even unzipped the zipper of the backpack to show his sincerity. He was afraid that the monkey would jump towards, even if his eyes could keep up with the monkey's movements, his body would not react fast enough, he did not want to die.

"Step back."

Cheng Tianbi said and Cong Xia took a small step back. The monkey suddenly widened his eyes and screamed at him fiercely.

"Don't move."

Cheng Tianbi whispered.

"Don't retreat, it wants to eat you."

Cong Xia felt like his legs went soft and his voice tone changed completely.

"How do you know?"

As soon as the question came out of his mouth, he knew right away how nonsensical it was. The monkey was staring at him. It didn't even look at the big backpack full of food on the ground.

"The food may have already deteriorated. The monkey's sense of smell is better than human's a thousand times. He can smell that only we are fresh."

Cheng Tianbi was right. Just a while ago, when he opened the backpack, he saw several vacuum packed bags of sausages were swollen up. The monkey chose him, who appeared to be relatively weak instead of the tall and big man who was holding a weapon like Cheng Tianbi. He was really clever!

Cong Xia said with a trembling voice.

"What should we do now?"

"Later on, when I tell you to run, run into the kitchen, don't care about anything, block the door when you get in there."

"What about you?"

"No need to care about me."

Cong Xia took a few breaths, trying to restrain his trembling body.

Cheng Tianbi suddenly shouted 'Run!', then he violently fired four shots at the sofa where the monkey was hiding.

Cong Xia turned around and ran towards the kitchen. The monkey yelled angrily and rushed towards the other end of the sofa. Cheng Tianbi wanted to take this opportunity to rush to the bedroom, but he didn't expect the monkey would suddenly jump up on the sofa, madly leap towards to pounce on him.

There was a pungent smell of fresh blood in the air. The monkey's long fur was covered with bright red blood. The pain caused it to be greatly stimulated. It abandoned the weaker target, who was Cong Xia and attacked Cheng Tianbi, who injured him instead.

There were only 7 bullets in the Type 54 pistol that Cheng Tianbi was holding in his hand. He had already shot 5 rounds. Now there were only 2 rounds left. He didn't even think and fired two shots at the monkey's chest when the monkey was plunging directly towards his face.

Cheng Tianbi was surprised because even though two shots were hit at close range, the monkey just staggered two steps and then still stubbornly rushed towards him. The monkey's eyes were red, obviously it had been angered. In less than two seconds, the monkey had already jumped to in front of Cheng Tianbi's face and immediately made him fall to the ground. The monkey's bloody mouth was wide opened and it was about to bite the neck of Cheng Tianbi.