[Book 1 - Global Evolution] Chapter 9

A Rottweiler slowly walked here, the thick paw helped it walk soundlessly, but its heavy breath in the dark, which reeked of blood, made people absolutely horrified.

The two men did not dare to make a single move, they tried to pull back towards the back of the car, but they knew that this action was pointless.

The Rottweiler had already spotted them. Its huge head entered the inside of car and its green eyes stared at them greedily. It showed its teeth slightly. Its canine teeth, which were as long as human's fingers, looked so fierce and scary. From the corner of its mouth, a mixture of saliva and blood was streaming down.

Cong Xia did not dare to look at it, he shut his eyes tightly. Cheng Tianbi was fiercely glaring back at it. He was not backing off at all. He held his military knife tightly in his hand, his eyes were watching the monster's every move without even blinking. The two parties were watching out for one another, none of them took the lead to make a move first.

Cheng Tianbi was the sniper in the special force. His character was indeed suitable to be a sniper. The deeper he was in a crisis, the more he could remain calm. A sniper's technique relied on the bullets, but his willpower was forged by strong endurance.

At this hanging-by-the-thread moment, Cheng Tianbi suddenly heard a sound that should not be here... The crying sound of a baby.

It was extremely clear, no more than 5 meters away from them.

At the moment when the crying sounded, the Rottweiler, which had always been in a ready position, suddenly rushed towards and tried to bite Cheng Tianbi's shoulder in order to drag them out of the car.

Cheng Tianbi was prepared in advance, the jungle king knife in his hand ruthlessly stabbed towards the Rottweiler's eye. A resonating, painful howl came out. The Rottweiler miserably fell down inside the car, frantically twisting and rolling in the narrow space.

In the blink of an eye, the other three Rottweilers on the outside also rushed at the car. They were pushing the body of the car in order to turn the car over. However, because the load inside the car was too heavy, they could not push it at all. Therefore, they took a detour to the rear door and bit the iron body shell of the car with their sharp teeth.

The two of them watched as the finger-long teeth sunk into the car body shell. The fractured car body shell damaged and made their mouths covered in blood. They didn't stop, on the contrary, they became even wilder.

When a Rottweiler tried to stick its face into the car through the hole on the car, Cheng Tianbi threw a punch at its nose. When the fierce fist hit the nose, which was the most vulnerable part of dogs, the Rottweiler howled and fell to the ground. It looked like it was in great pain.

The car body was shaking violently and the biting and tearing of the canines made the two men unable to hide in the car any longer. They could only struggle to get out of the car. Cheng Tianbi took out his handgun and shot at the other two dogs.

However, these two Rottweilers were extremely quick. None of them was hit, however, the gunshots did prevent the two dogs from attacking them.

Cheng Tianbi was pointing his gun at them while pulling Cong Xia and retreating towards the opposite direction on the highway. After walking for four or five meters, they found another dog on the side of the road. Its size still remained the ordinary size of a Rottweiler when it hadn't evolved yet, seemed like it was a female dog.

Because there was no light on the road, the visibility was extremely low. If they hadn't approached the side of the road, they wouldn't have found that there was another dog here.