[Book 1 - Global Evolution] Chapter 12

Before reading this chapter, I seriously recommend you read through the ridiculously OVERSIMPLIFIED explanation below...

1/"Three Treasures", a concept in traditional Chinese medicine

"Three Treasures", which are Jing (精) - Essence, Qi (氣) - Energy and Shen (神) - Spirit, are the essential energies sustaining human life in Chinese traditions. They are theoretical cornerstones in traditional Chinese medicine and some martial art practices such as Qigong & Tai chi.

2/ Qigong (氣功)

Qigong (cultivation of energy) can be defined as a form of moving meditation that allows those who practice it to balance the flow of energy throughout their body. It is the basis for martial arts.

3/ Dantian (丹田)

Dantian can be considered as the energy center within our body. They are important focal points for transmutation of Jing (essence), Qi (energy) and Shen (spirit). These points act like the "refineries" that will refine Jing, Qi & Shen into more elevated states. There are 3 main dantian points in human body:

- Lower dantian: below the navel, where the process of refining and purifying Jing (essence) into Qi (energy) begins.

- Middle dantian: at the level of the heart. This is where Qi (energy) is refined into Shen (spirit).

- Upper dantian: at the forehead between the eyebrows. This is where Shen (spirit) is refined into Wu Wei (a mental state in which our actions are quite effortlessly in alignment with the flow of life).

4/ Neili (內力)

Neili (internal power) is the power that will be generated if martial art practitioners practice the art long enough. It is a very well-known concept in the Chinese novel genre Wuxia and probably Xianxia as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The two men walked for more than an hour. The sewage pipe seemed to have no end. There was suffocating darkness everywhere they went.

Cheng Tianbi was so hungry that he had stomach cramps. He finally couldn't endure it anymore and slowly sat down against the wall. Cong Xia's condition was much better than him. When he saw this, he squatted down as well.

"How are you feeling?"

Cheng Tianbi's hand touched his stomach and he lowered his head.

"Hungry?"

Cheng Tianbi nodded.

"Just let me rest a little bit."

"What's the point of resting when you're hungry."

Cong Xia looked around worriedly, the light of the flashlight was very limited, all he could see were wild grasses.

If he wasn't reluctant because of the fact that these grasses could be poisonous, Cheng Tianbi would have already eaten them. However, his rationality would also not last for much longer. Those who had never experienced the taste of hunger would never understand.

Cong Xia observed Cheng Tianbi's tired look, he felt unbearable in his heart. He walked around, grabbed a kind of weeds that seemed to be harmless and stuffed them into his mouth without even thinking.

He didn't worry whether these things were poisonous or not. Since that jade could save him once, it would save him a second time.

The bitter taste of weeds permeated his mouth. Cong Xia suppressed the urge to vomit, he almost spit it out. He had never eaten such a bitter thing in his life. At that moment, he could feel that his tongue was all numb. Cheng Tianbi frowned and looked at him.