[22]

a/n I took this picture outside of my school this morning because the sky was really pretty and kinda eerie at the same time.

~~~

|Sam|

The first word he heard from his brothers mouth.

Cas.

But this time he understood. He understood why his brother was so worried, why he wanted to see Castiel.

Sam knew how bad his dad got Dean this time. The last Sam heard was that Cas was in surgery.

"Cas. Is he okay?" Dean's voice choked out again.

"H-he's okay, Dean. Well, considering the circumstances." Sam supplied, trying his best to console his brother who seemed on the edge of a mental breakdown.

The doctor did a few things with the machines before leaving the room.

"Mike's here." Sam said quietly, smiling lightly at Dean. Dean and Michael has always had a bit of a rough relationship for some reason, but Sam never really expected Dean to open up about it.

"Why?" Dean said, getting angry.

"He actually didn't even know you were here. He came with Lucifer to see Castiel. They're soulmates apparently."

"Oh. Have you talked to him?" Dean whispered.

"Mike? A bit, but not mu-"

"Not him. Cas."

"No, uh, the last that I heard about him was that he had like just come out of surgery and they wouldn't let anyone see him."

Dean's demeanor instantly fell and tears began to fall from his eyes.

"Sammy..." he started to say, crying even harder.

"What- what if he decides he wants to cut me out? What if he doesn't wanna be with me anymore because I cause him pain? Th-they have a procedure they can do and it's mostly for people who have lost their soulmate. They can completely wipe them from your mind and remove your connection! What if chooses th-"

"Dean! Calm down! Your heart rate is spiking. You need to breathe and chill out. He's okay right now. Okay? Calm down before you have a heart attack, literally!"

Sam watched as dean attempted to steady his breathing, his chest rising and falling rapidly.

"There you go."

~~~

|Castiel|

The beeping of the heart monitors soon began to quiet down as his heartbeat became normal again.

"We need to disconnect his soulmate connection for a while. It seems that every time the other boy has a complication it affects my patient. Grab a two hour dosage, please." The doctor ordered and the nurse walked away, coming back a few minutes later holding a small pill bottle.

"Here you are, Castiel. Take two and then eat your food."

Cas accepted the pills, not necessarily wanting to disconnect from Dean.

"Can I still contact him? Like, if I write a message on my arm?"

"Yeah, I guess. Just be careful of where the bruises are."

Castiel smiled, swallowing the pills down and then quickly eating his food.

He reached over to the nightstand, grabbing the doctors discarded pen.

He placed it on his forearm, making sure the spot wasn't bruised, scribbling out a few words.

I miss you.

~~~

guys. this fic is almost oVER

there's about three chapters, and epilogue, and an alternative ending left.

also, it's at 1.96k and im going to scream if it hits 2k.

IM SEEING PANIC! AT THE DISCO TOMORROW.

I HAVE A COUNTDOWN SET AND THIS IS WHERE ITS AT AS OF 3:50 PM

IF DYING IN LA GETS PLAYED ILL CRY

IF GIRLS/GIRLS/BOYS PLAY ILL SCREAM SO LOUD BECAUSE THIS BISEXUAL BITCH ISNT OUT TO HER FAMILY YET

WHEN SINS PLAYS(because if it doesn't I'll be thoroughly disappointed) IM GONNA SAY WHORE AND GODDAMN AND I DONT CARE IF MY MOM HEARS ME

IF (fück a) SILVER LINING PLAYS ILL STILL YELL FÜCK BECAUSE I STILL DONT CARE IF MY MOM HEARS ME

HOPEFULLY THEY WILL PLAY DEATH OF A BACHELOR SO THAT ME AND MY OLDER BROTHER CAN SCREAM TOGETHER WHILE I CRY

FACE IT, IM GONNA CRY WHEN I LEAVE MY HOUSE, WHEN I GET THERE, DURING THE SHOW, AFTER THE SHOW, WHEN I GET HOME FROM THE SHOW, AND WHEN U GO TO SCHOOL THE NEXT DAY.

IM NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO TALK MONDAY BUT I. DONT. EVEN. CARE.