Chapter - 31

Morning, Mumbai
Arora's Mansion

The morning light falls on Preetika's face and she wakes up from sleep. Preetika looks beside her and Harshad's absense makes her miss him. And also she finds his photo frame beside her on bed as last night she fell asleep by holding it in her arms. Again she pick up Harshad's photo and kiss it.

Preetika : Good Morning My Prince! *blushing* Aap abhi hote toh yahi keh ke uthate mujhe. *stares at the photo lovingly*

And she keep his photo frame on it's place and her eyes falls on a clock. And she makes a shocking face.

Preetika *in hurry* : God! Itni der ho gayi aaj.

And just when she remembers that today is her first Karwa Chauth fast which she's keeping for Harshad and she blush.

Preetika : Aaj ka din mere liye bohoth khaas hai Harshad. Kash aap yahan hote. *lower her gaze n hopeless*

And she takes out her clothes from cupboard and she goes to change.

After sometimes...

Dadi sitting on a dinning table and cutting veggies. Just when Preetika come towards her.

Preetika wearing this.

Dadi sees Preetika coming to her, she smiles at her

Preetika *smiling* : Good Morning Dadi.

Dadi : Good Morning Bahu. Chalo baitho kuch khalo.

Preetika : Nahin Dadi, main aaj kuch nhi khaungi.

Dadi : Arey bahu, aise na karo. Thoda bohoth khalo.

Preetika : Nahi Dadi, Main aaj sirf Coffee, Chai(Tea) aur Pani hi lungi. And nothing else. *smiles*

Dadi *worrying* : Per bahu, aisa thik nhi hai. Tum kamzor ho jaogi.

Preetika : Dadi.... main yeh wrath bina kuch khaye rakhna hai aur main rakhungi. *in mind* Harshad ke liye.

Dadi *smiles* : Thik hai jaisi tumhari marzi bahu. *blesses her* Khush raho.

Preetika smiles and Dadi gets up and leaves.

After sometimes...

Preetika standing in the living room and busy in her thoughts about something. Just when Dadi comes from behind.

Dadi : Bahu.

Preetika turns to her and gives her a smile and walks towards her.

Preetika : Ji Dadi?

Dadi : Tumne Humare mehmano ko toh bula hi liya hoga. Aur Mehendi walo ko bhi.

Preetika *forgot* : Oh! Nhi Dadi. Main toh bhul hi gayi thi. Abhi main Sabko call kar deti hoon aur Mahendi walo ko bhi..