Chapter Thirteen

Make no mistake. There was a small, orange bottle with big pills inside, and my teacher somehow got ahold of it.

The pills were one of my many medications that my doctor prescribed me to last year. I had a total of fifteen different medicines and took most of them every day. I had to take the other ones every other day.

Basically, having pills was part of my diet, and all of my medicines were huge pills.

I hated taking pills and still do. When I was first prescribed with my first medication, I found out that those pills were the size of a candy bar, and like the idiot child that I was back then, I thought that the pills were no big deal and that I could just chew on them.

Boy, I was wrong.

When I stated that I would chew my new medicine, my sister and my doctor shook their heads at the same time. The doctor explained that I could not because if I did, the medicine would not be able to do its job. I did not understand, and he instructed me to swallow the pills as they were without chewing on them. Jorga added that the medicine would help me as soon as possible if I took them at the right times and swallowed them whole.

I have to admit that it was pretty disturbing that Ms. Dia was clutching my medication because it could only mean one thing.

She broke into me and Jorga's house without my or my sister's permission and stole it.

Stole?

That did not sound like her. She seemed kind and even defended me. Why in the world would she steal it?

What made the situation even worse was that the medicine that she had was one that I always had to take every morning, afternoon, and night.

Like I said in the last chapter, this was at night. Jorga was in the kitchen and preparing dinner for the two of us. I was in the living room and waiting for dinner to be served. I always - always - take one of those pills when I receive my food.

You know what this means, right?

I had not taken the medicine that she stole - man, that is hard to believe that she would do that - from my own home.

Why the heck would she steal one of my most important medications out of all the valuable and expensive things that were in the house? Those pills were supposed to help my anxiety calm down and nothing more.

I realized that I was shivering in my wheelchair. It was not because I was cold.

I was scared for my life.

What would happen if I did not take the stolen medicine? Probably nothing. Still, I was worried and knew that my Tenomeya would use this opportunity to boost up my anxiety, and the panic attacks would begin like they did when I was younger.

I needed my medication back.

"Ms. Dia!" I called to her as I leaned forward, and my face pressed against the glass of the window. "Please, please, please. Return that bottle of pills. It is my medicine that I really need to take every day." I breathed heavily. "Please...it says so on the label that is on the bottle. Give it back to me...and I will not report you to the police. I will not tell anybody what you did."

I was definitely frightened, however, I felt that I sounded like a brave person who had no fear in him or her. I was a bit proud that I was confronting Ms. Dia, even though that she was not close to the window.

All the muscles in my body tensed up when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I quickly wheeled my wheelchair around and spotted my sister with her hands on her hips and looking at me.

"Sis," I said. My muscles relaxed as I realized that it was my own sister and not a stranger.

Jorga lifted up her hands and started making weird gestures. She was using sign language.

When she found out that I was deaf, she took it upon herself to learn sign language and helped me become familiar with it. That also goes for Ms. Dia and Calvin. They know sign language as well and only learned because of me.

I was glad that at least three people were on my side.

On a side note, Jorga is still teaching her boyfriend how to use sign language.

I squinted and watched her signaling to me. She was asking me where the medicine for my anxiety was.

Should I tell her? Should I admit to her that my drama teacher stole it and was standing in front of our house?

I informed her that Ms. Dia was here and to look out the window if she did not believe me. I do not use sign language. I am only familiar with certain gestures.

I pushed away, and Jorga went up to the window and looked out into the darkness and lights that she had left on. It felt like forever that she was at the window.

She soon stepped away from the window and turned to me. She held up her hands and signaled, "There is no one out there. Not even Ms. Dia."

My mouth hung open, and I was shocked at what she told me.

Ms. Dia must have disappeared. I was not seeing things!

My sister signaled that I was seeing things and that dinner was almost ready. She hurried out of the room, and I went back up to the window.

As I did that, a flash of white light appeared close to the window.

And I let out a scream.

Ms. Dia, still holding my bottle, had her face pressed against the other side of the window and was smiling creepily.

Then, in a disturbing tone, she said, "I cannot wait."