Chapter Forty-Three

My sister squinted at me as if I were some weird alien that she was not familiar with. "Say what?"

Keeping my eyes locked on my Tenomeya, I scrambled to my feet and held out my open hand to her. She grabbed ahold of my hand, and I helped her up.

"Why are you bringing up your Tenomeya at a time like this?" Jorga demanded. "And where the heck are we?"

I let out a heavy sigh. "Like I said, it is a long story," I admitted. "You probably will not believe me until you see for yourself." I gently took her by the shoulders and spun her around in Tenomeya's direction. "Look." I let go of her shoulders.

She immediately saw the white object that was floating and let out a gasp. "What the heck is that?!"

The circle raised a quivering hand and waved. "Hi. I am Tenomeya," he introduced himself. "You must be Jorgie's sister. Jorga Special. Oh, how you try to help your sister every day."

"...Tenomeya?" She raised both of her eyebrows, and I had a feeling that this was only the beginning of the proof that I needed to prove to her that we were inside my mind. "Are you that condition? The rare condition that is making my poor sister suffer?"

He slowly lowered his hand, which was still trembling. "Guilty as charged, but—"

I was shocked at what Jorga did next. But should I have been?

She went up to him - she was only an inch away from him - and grasped his wrists tightly.

"You!" she yelled through clenched teeth.

"Jorga!" I called out. I did not want her to regret what she was planning to do to him. I mean, what would happen if she hurt or even kill - if that was even possible - him, accidentally hurting me? Would I die if Tenomeya was gone? We could not take that chance.

I jumped up and down. "Stop! Please!"

She ignored my pleas and forced Tenomeya to one of the walls. She let out a loud grunt as she slammed his back against the wall and tightened her fingers around both of his wrists. She was not about to let him go free.

"Wait, wait!" Tenomeya pleaded. "Hear me out! Please!"

"Why should I?" Jorga challenged him. "You are Tenomeya. You even confessed that you are responsible for making my sister's life miserable!" She slammed his back against the wall again, harder this time, and he cried out in pain.

"No! Please! Listen to me! It is not all my fault! I swear!"

There was fury in her eyes, and I did not have to guess that anger was boiling inside of her. "Why am I getting the feeling that you are lying? 'Cause you are a liar! A sufferer! And a killer!"

"I think that we should get your sister away from Tenomeya before she rips him to shreds," Common Sense whispered to me.

I nodded in agreement, and we scurried over to the scene that was unfolding.

Common Sense got between Jorga and Tenomeya. "Break it up, people! Break it up! There is no reason to argue or fight."

Jorga hissed at Common Sense as if she were a cat. "Who the crub are you? Tenomeya's little helper?"

"Gosh, no. I would never work for him or even be associated with him in any way. I have common sense after all."

"Then...who are you? 'Cause you almost look like Tenomeya. Except that you are blue."

"My name is Common Sense."

"...seriously? That is your name?"

"Yes. I am an emotion of Jorgie's."

She looked at me, and then back at him. "Say what?"

He chuckled softly. "It is simpler than you think. You see, we are in Jorgie's mind."

"But..." My sister pointed at me. "...she is standing right here."

"That is her conscious. Your sister is actually in a coma as we speak."

She slowly backed away from Tenomeya and looked back at me. "W-what?"

"Remember that van that you and Jorgie were in?"

"Y-yes. B-but what does that have to do...?"

"The van collided with a car, causing a crash, knocking you and the other students out and putting Jorgie in a coma."

"No...no!"

Filled with sadness, I watched as my own sister collapsed to her knees and buried her face in her hands, sobbing.

"She cannot be in a coma! She just cannot! I was being extra careful!"

I teared up and strolled over to her. I gently grabbed her and forced her to stand back up. She looked up at me and sniffed, tears covering both of her cheeks.

"You did not deserve this!" She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me ever so tightly. "You do not deserve any of this! You are not a bad person!"

"Ha. You remind me of Anxiety," Tenomeya stated, rubbing his wrists.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Common Sense snapped.

"Anxiety acted the same way as that crybaby..." He pointed to Jorga. "...when he learned about me. So he decided to protect Jorgie no matter what. He did my dirty work and made her suffer all these years."

Common Sense crossed his arms. "He never wanted to protect her. He just made things worse for her as soon as you arrived. He even abused my friend!"

He shrugged. "Maybe there was a reason for that. Maybe he thought that seeing Jorgie happy would only endanger her life. He thought that she would do stupid stuff. So he paralyzed her from the waist down, made her blind and deaf, and much more to keep her safe."

"That is taking it too far!"

"Then you should tell him that. And do it now when you have the chance."

"Why?" I questioned him as I comforted my sister.

"Anxiety is coming right now to straighten the three of you out."

Common Sense was ticked. "What?!"

Tenomeya quickly floated out of the room. "See ya!"