Chapter Twenty-Nine

——————————————————————————
At the time when Jorgie's Tenomeya was beginning to act up, the emotions were already one step ahead. Anxiety, who was in charge because he was part of the brain, controlled Jorgie's brain and the rest of her body, such as her heart and muscles. He demanded that his girlfriend Diamond help him out and invited his younger brother, Cancer, to the body. Diamond did what she was instructed without hesitation, and Cancer informed Anxiety that he would be over as soon as possible.

Anxiety ran Jorgie's body and controlled what it could and could not do. Diamond was like an assistant to Anxiety, and Cancer would be acting like a commander, so the three of them had the most important jobs.

But the same cannot be said for the other two emotions. Common Sense and Humor.

They were never taken seriously by Anxiety or his girlfriend or brother and were given the least important jobs, and when I mean jobs, I mean just one job.

Common Sense and Humor's job was to stay with the blood vessels, both red and white, and make sure that each vessel was healthy and getting enough oxygen and water. Now, you may think that is a very important job and not least important at all. It is, but the reason that it was boring for Common Sense and Humor is because they never spotted an unhealthy blood vessel! The reason for this is because Tenomeya makes Jorgie unable to die. So it was obvious that it was a waste of their time. Anxiety just wanted them out of the way!

But out of nowhere one day, Humor said something that would lead to him rebelling against Anxiety and faking his death.

"I want to be with Jorgie," Humor whined.

He and Common Sense were floating in one of the bloodstreams and watching the blood vessels intently. Humor looked just like his best friend. The only difference was that he was orange.

Common Sense overheard his statement - that was not surprising, considering the fact that Humor wanted him to hear him say just that - and looked at him.

"You are already with Jorgie," Common Sense pointed out. "You, as well as I, know that we are in her body."

Humor rolled his eyes. "I am not talking about that. I want to be with Jorgie. Physically!"

He did not understand. "What do you mean?"

"Leave her body and be with her. Hold her hands. Look into her eyes and keep her company. Make her mine. Compliment how beautiful she is."

He facepalmed. "Oh, no."

He glared at him. "What is the matter? Is there a problem with a blood vessel? 'Cause that would be a first."

"No." He pointed a finger at him. "I am worried about you."

"What is there to worry about?"

"You have a crush on our owner. The person whom we are supposed to take care of. Do you not?"

"A crush on Jorgie?" He immediately blushed at his comment. "M-maybe."

Common Sense sighed and patted his friend's back. "Look, I am not trying to offend you or anything - being offended is illegal in Forlot - but you being in love with our owner is a bit disturbing."

"Disturbing? How so?"

"You are an emotion of hers. You are a part of her. Just imagine if you were her brother." He shivered. "Creepy."

Humor pouted. "Well, I am not her brother or any close relative of hers. I am her funny emotion. There is a huge difference."

Just then, a flash of white light appeared in front of them. The light soon died down, and floating there was Diamond. She had on a sinister grin.

"Hello, you two," she greeted. She was not at all pleased to see them by the tone of her voice.

"Diamond," Common Sense said as he bowed. "What do you want?"

She glared at Humor. "Anxiety would like to see you, Humor."

Humor's eyes widened, and he began shaking. His best friend was worried as well.

Why did Anxiety want to see him?

Humor left the bloodstream and headed to the brain, and Diamond followed him. Common Sense desired to go with him, but Diamond told him that this had nothing to do with him and added that if he indeed followed, then Anxiety would make his life a living nightmare.

Common Sense, however, did not care at all and only cared for the well-being of his friend, so he followed and hid somewhere near the brain.

Humor was summoned at once and in the presence of Anxiety.

Anxiety was floating above the brain and glanced down at the little emotion. He was not happy to see him. He did not like Common Sense, but he hated Humor. Why? Nobody knew.

"Humor," Anxiety spoke. He waited for him to say something. Humor kept quiet, so he continued. "You know...Jorgie thinks that she needs you. But I am certain that I do not need you at all. You are a big mistake that is unfortunately part of her."

"Why...why was I summoned here?" Humor asked in a timid voice. He was afraid what Anxiety might do to him.

"What were you saying while you were in the bloodstream with Common Sense?"

"Um...uh...I was making a statement."

"About what?"

"That I...desire to leave this body and...have a relationship with Jorgie."

"That is what I thought. So you have a crush on our owner. Is that what I am hearing?"

He slowly nodded. "Yes. I love her so much."

Anxiety stared at him for what seemed like an eternity...and then laughed. It was cruel laughter.

"You are absurd! So I guess that you will fake your death and change yourself into a human in order to be with the one whom you love! Ha!"

That is where Humor got the idea of faking his death.

And he did it with no remorse.

All for Jorgie.
——————————————————————————