Chapter Fourteen

I never got my medication back from Ms. Dia. I did not dare to open the window and ask for it. I mean, I am not stupid. She looked crazy and acted bizarre.

Why? Was she secretly mentally ill? And what did she want? Why did she break in and stole my medicine? And what did she mean when she said that she could not wait? For me?

I did not dare to ask her.

Ten seconds after she spoke, Ms. Dia moved away from the window like the fastest thing alive and ran down the sidewalk.

She was gone now.

That was beyond weird.

Five seconds after she had left, my sister announced that was supper was ready. Keeping my eyes locked on the area where my teacher had been until I was safe with my sister, I slowly pushed my wheelchair away from the window and quickly wheeled myself to the kitchen.

There was no way that I was letting go of what Ms. Dia both said and did.

As Jorga picked up our plates of food and handed mine to me, I explained what my teacher had done. That she was standing in front of our house. That she had my missing medication. That she jump scared me when she came up to the window unannounced and told me that she cannot wait.

Did Jorga believe me?

Of course not.

Jorga explained to me that Ms. Dia was a kind woman and would never scare me like that or steal from either of us. I became surprised when she added that I was seeing things due to my Tenomeya and that we should go to my doctor first thing tomorrow for a test to see if I had a paranoid disorder.

That could not be. I saw what I saw.

Did I not?

After eating the scrumptious food that my sister prepared, we watched some Bravery the Poor Cat, and then went to bed. But I was not looking forward to sleeping. I could not get to sleep at all. I was too worried and scared, wondering if Ms. Dia would return to the house and terrify me once again.

I was awake until six o'clock in the morning and decided to finally fall asleep. A couple hours later, Jorga woke me up and ordered me to get dressed because we were heading to see my doctor now.

I knew that she was really worried about me.

As soon as I was ready to go, we ate our breakfast and made our way to the hospital. We scrambled inside and dashed to Dr. O'Fallon's office.

We found his office and went in...

...but something was wrong.

There was a man by Dr. O'Fallon's desk, but it was not Dr. O'Fallon. The man heard us and saw us.

He grinned and said, "My name is Dr. Hugo Maxwell. I am Dr. O'Fallon's replacement for the day."