Chapter Twenty-Two

From the moment that I found out that I did not have a paranoid disorder - I had it now - to right now, I had experienced so much pain and suffering.

I am nine years old now and already had been diagnosed with many conditions and diseases. I had asthma and was allergic to almost everything. From the sunlight to certain foods, so I barely went outside and hardly ate. I was not that worried about my asthma though. My writer has asthma.

I also had type 1 and type 2 diabetes. What is the difference, you ask?

Type 1 diabetes comes at an early age before adulthood. You have to take insulin, an important substance that your pancreas makes, every so often by sticking a needle into your belly button or near the stomach, and that is not a fun time, let me tell ya!

Type 2 diabetes is not as bad as type 1. It can be managed by controlling your blood sugar. Depending on the person, you may or may not need insulin all the time.

In general, diabetes can be controlled by eating healthy and exercising, which I do every day, but it unfortunately never helps my diabetes, and that is thanks to my Tenomeya.

Also, you do not get both type 1 and type 2 diabetes. You either unfortunately get one, the other, or if you are lucky, no diabetes at all! But I was stuck with both.

Thank you, Tenomeya.

My stuttering had died down, but I now had the common cold, the flu, and even pink eye. All are contagious, so if you have any of these, then steer clear from others to not get them sick.

Oddly enough, even though that those are extremely contagious, I do not have to worry about infecting my peers or anybody else around me. That was due to my Tenomeya, and I keep telling people that they will be fine.

But do they believe me?

Absolutely not.

I felt like an outcast at that point.

Anyway, today was an important day for drama class. Ms. Dia announced last week that we would be performing a play in front of a crowd of people next school year. The play that we were performing was titled "A Dummy and his Bride-To-Be." It is about a wooden puppet who falls in love with a human girl.

It is so sweet and romantic.

Our homework for a while was to read over the script and pick a part that we would like to audition for, and today was the day that we would be auditioning for the parts that we desired to be.

Calvin told me that he wanted to play as the puppet, so I made up my mind and decided to audition for the girl.

The play was going to take forever, considering that the script was fifty pages long, and most of the lines were of the wooden puppet and girl. But I could do it. Even though that I had poor memory, I could do it. Calvin and I would work together.

We all, about thirty of us, were sitting in the first two rows that were close to the stage and reading some parts of the script. Ms. Dia strolled to the center of the stage and clapped her hands to get our attentions. Her claps echoed through the room, and we glanced up to look at her.

Ms. Dia stopped clapping. "Class, it is time to audition," she said, her voice echoing as well. "I will decide who plays who." She slowly walked to one of the ends of the stage. "So...who would like to go first?"

I was a bit surprised that nobody raised their hand. Not even Calvin.

Were they all nervous?

Our teacher ran a hand through her white hair. "Do I have to pick who goes first?"

I took a deep breath and stood up from my seat.

"I...would like to audition first," I insisted.

Everybody except Ms. Dia and Calvin gasped and glared at me with shocked looks on their faces.

"You?" a boy piped up. "Oh my gosh. You?" He started snickering.

Ms. Dia frowned. "Kids, that is enough."

"The zombie girl wants to go first?" a girl questioned. She had on a wicked grin. "This has to be a dream. I mean, why would a zombie audition? They cannot even speak right. Like you!"

I got the nickname "zombie girl" ever since that my classmates found out that I had pink eye.

The kids laughed, and some even fell out of their seats. I just growled and ignored them as I went over to the steps that led to the stage and walked up. As I reached the center of the stage, there was a cry.

"Wait!"

I glanced around, wondering who said that, and soon spotted Calvin. He was out of his seat and raising his hand.

Ms. Dia also noticed. "What is it, Calvin?"

"May Jorgie and I audition...together?"

She let out a snort and crossed her arms. "Depends. What are you auditioning for?"

"The role of the puppet. Jorgie is auditioning for the role of the girl."

"Ah." She motioned him to the stage. "Come on."

I could feel my whole body relax as Calvin came onto the stage. I was glad that I was not going to do this alone.

"Jorgie wants to play the girl who falls in love?" the boy who mocked me earlier stated. "Oh, please!"

I rolled my eyes as Calvin and I began flipping through our scripts. But we did not even begin to audition.

My left arm...I could not feel it.

I suddenly fell on my bottom. I...could not feel my left arm or left leg.

I cried out as I felt bones breaking and placed a hand over the middle of my chest.

"No..." Calvin moaned. "...you broke some bones and are having both a stroke and heart attack."