Chapter Eighteen

My body was shaking like a baby shaking a rattle, and I shut my eyes again and let out a bloodcurdling scream. "Ah!"

"Jorgie?!" Jorga cried at the top of her lungs.

"Jorgie!" Dr. Maxwell exclaimed my name.

But I could not hear either of them.

I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders and gentle shaking.

"Jorgie! You need to wake up!"

I finally opened my eyes wide, and my screaming came to a halt. The helmet fell off my head and made a clang! sound as it clattered to the floor. I was breathing heavily, and my stomach was heaving up and down. I looked around and realized that I was in Dr. O'Fallon's office. I tried relaxing and saw my sister and Dr. Maxwell. Dr. Maxwell had his hands on my shoulders and was telling me to wake up and calm down.

"It is okay, Jorgie," he reassured me as he raised both of his hands and signaled. "You are safe now. It was only a harmless dream."

A harmless dream? Really?

Jorga signaled to me. "What happened? Are you feeling alright?"

I glanced down at my feet and sighed. I was still paralyzed from the waist down and could not hear a single sound. But I was relieved to be out of that nightmare of a dream.

I looked back up at the doctor and my sister and shrugged. "To be honest...I do not know. I-I had a horrifying dream that felt...real."

It was Dr. Maxwell's turn to signal again. "Dreams do sometimes feel real, but they are not real. None of them are. That is why they are called dreams."

I wanted to believe him. I really did. But after the creepy and horrific dream that I had, I doubted that my dream had no connections to me and what was going on in my life.

The doctor picked up the helmet and signaled with one hand. "I do not know what you saw outside of your house last night, but my helmet detected no paranoid disorder."

I was shocked. So...that means...

"Whatever you saw last night..." he continued. "...was actually your teacher or someone dressed up like her stalking you."