Chapter Twenty-Four

As my life continued on, so did Tenomeya. I am now ten years old, the age that I am telling this story to you, and this is the part that was frightening...and exciting.

Before I had turned ten on my birthday that was three weeks ago before this very day, I had been through heck. Do not think that I am exaggerating after I told you fans all that I already went through.

I acted like a statue. I could not see. I could not hear. I could not feel. I could not talk.

I could not even...smile...or show any emotions.

I was diagnosed with many other diseases and conditions, such as chickenpox that would not go away, measles, cerebral palsy, ADHD, Tourette syndrome, depression, tumors in all parts of my body, and much more. If my writer knew all the conditions and disorders, then this list of what was wrong with me would go on and on.

I had every single condition - except being in a coma.

But that would change today.

I do not know exactly what happened when this incident occurred or what led to it, seeing that I basically lost all of my senses and was just a human statue. Luckily, my sister filled me in on it.

The drama club was supposed to miss out on all of our classes today and go on a field trip. Ms. Dia said that she was arranging this field trip for months.

We were going to see a play that was taken place at a high school in the next town over, so it would be a long drive to get there. No permission slips were required, according to Ms. Dia, so all we had to do was arrive to the school early in the morning.

Every kid made it in time, which I was surprised by. I thought that there would be some who would be late. When Jorga and I had arrived - we were the last ones that they were waiting for - Ms. Dia led us to the back of the school and over to a white van. The van was clean and shiny and shaped like a candy bar. It was long and narrow.

"Are we going by van?" one of the girls asked.

"Yes," Ms. Dia answered, opening the car door to the driver's side. "All of the buses are unavailable because they are being used to pick up the kids and take them to school as we speak."

"Uh, what about that one?" another girl piped up, raising an eyebrow and pointing to a bus that was parked not too far from where we were.

Our teacher narrowed her eyebrows at her and gritted her teeth. "We are taking...the van."

The girl who had pointed out the obvious had a scared look on her face and held up her hands, as if she were surrendering. "If you say so. You are the boss."

"You got that right. I have been your drama teacher for five years. Besides, that bus over there is going to be used by the music program, who are also going on a field trip today."

After Ms. Dia explained to us the rules of what to do and what not to do in the van and that she would be driving us herself, we piled into the car and plopped our bottoms on seats. The van was big enough for thirty people or so, which is what we needed.

Jorga and I were in the very back. My wheelchair was folded up and lying on the floor in front of us, and I had my head on my sister's shoulder. Jorga held me and did not let go. As soon as the two of got settled, another person climbed to the back and sat next to me. I had a hunch that it was Calvin...

...and it was.

He was giving me and my sister a sweet smile and tilted his head to the side. "Hi."

Ms. Dia plopped into the driver's seat and started the van, and we soon were off the school grounds and on the road. Like I said before, it would be a long drive, about two hours, so there was nothing for us to do but chat. I could not, but Jorga and Calvin did.

And that did not go well.

Jorga noticed that Calvin was holding something and asked, "What is that in your hands?"

"It is a present for Jorgie," Calvin replied. He handed the gift to her. "Sorry that I did not have time to wrap it up in blue paper."

She took the gift and examined it. It was a book. But not just any book.

A Bible.

It had a blue cover with a dark blue cross on the front.

She looked disgusted and glared at him. "Seriously?" She tossed the book onto the seat. "What a lame gift."

Yeah. She was not that religious.

"I thought that she could use some faith," Calvin defended his actions.

"Faith? Faith?! My own sister has been going through hard times with her health and our parents, and you are saying that she could use some...faith?"

"I am assuming that you are not a child of the Lord."

"I am most certainly not!"

"Why not?"

"Christianity is a—"

"Whoa there. Think before you say. The Lord is watching us."

"There is no Lord!"

"Why do you think that?"

"'Cause I can!"

"Is it because what I believe is the truth?"

Jorga held me close to her and away from him. "I thought that you were cool. I thought that you were a nice guy. But how could you be forcing your religion down my throat?"

"My religion is not a religion because it is the truth, and I am just telling you what I know and believe."

"Your religion is bull—"

Before anybody could say anything, there was a loud crash.

Crash!

And we blacked out.