Chapter Forty-Five

Doctor Phillips raced to the hospital as Debbie and I sat in the back.

I kept taking deep breaths, trying not to freak out. Debbie gently rubbed my hands for support.

"You're going to be fine, Mia." She smiled at me.

"Just think, in a few hours you'll meet your baby." She cooed.

I wanted to smile but how could I? Michael and I are defiantly not prepared for this baby. We were hoping for at least one more month! What if Michael can't handle having a baby and he leaves? Or worse, he makes me leave! Oh god.. 

"Here's what's going to happen, Mia.." Doctor Phillips loudly spoke as he took a sharp turn.

"Your water hasn't broken yet, so here's where I come in. I'm going to have to break your water for you." He explained.

My eyes widened.

"I'll do this the easier way rather than the hurtful way. I'm going to put you on IV for Pitocin. It usually does help women's water break. If that doesn't help, there are other ways. But I have a feeling it should work on you. It's going to take a few hours and you may feel discomfort but it's all normal, Mia. Don't worry, Debbie and I will be there for your every move." Doctor Phillips explained.

I nodded, holding onto Debbie's hand tightly as I felt the baby move inside of me.

"W-Why is my baby moving around so much?" I frantically asked.

"Your baby is positioning itself. Usually you wouldn't really feel the baby move so much. You're lucky though." Debbie smirked, winking at me.

I sighed loudly, trying to feel calm.

"And when are you going to call Michael? I-I need Michael with me!" I cried.

Debbie sighed, "I'll call him as soon as we reach the hospital. While I call him, you need to follow Doctor Phillips. He's going to check you in and get you a hospital room. He should be the doctor to deliver your baby." She gave me a small smile.

I slowly nodded. "W-When Michael comes I want you to wait for him and show him where I am, okay? I need him in that room with me." I said.

Debbie nodded, "Of course. Whatever you need." She smiled.

Doctor Phillips turned sharply, speeding up the hospital driveway. "Alright, places!" He shouted, parking in the emergency spot.

Doctor Phillips stopped his car as he jumped out, running towards my side.

He swung the car door open, grabbing me out of the car as we rushed inside the hospital.

Debbie followed behind as she looked for the nearest phone.

 "Aria, I have a patient here I need to induce into labor pronto." Doctor Phillips said with wide eyes.

The nurse nodded as she quickly wrote on her notepad. "We'll get you on floor one, room twenty-five." She quickly said, pointing down the hall.

Doctor Phillips nodded, grabbing my hand as we practically ran down the hallway towards room twenty-five.

"I'm sorry I'm rushing you, dear, but we need to get this done. That baby isn't going to wait any longer by the looks of it." He said, pointing to the bed as I gently laid down.

I sighed loudly, trying my best not to break down into tears.

Doctor Phillips closed the door behind him as he put latex gloves on.