Chapter Eighty-Five

Michael slowly opens the door. I hear a sudden amount of gasps come from inside our home.

Michael bites his lips, smiling as we enter our home.

Michael pulls me closer to him by my waist. I gulp, staring at his family as they grin at us.

"Welcome home!" Katherine cheers, walking towards us with her arms wide open.

I blush, hugging Katherine back. "Thank you.." I quietly say.

Michael grins, "Thank you, mother." Michael says, kissing his mother's cheek.

"Oh, your babies have just been asking where you've been!" Katherine chuckles, looking back at our girls in their dresses.

"Well... Rose has." She smiles.

Rose smiles widely, getting off of Joseph's lap as she waddles towards me.

I couldn't help but crack a smile as I kneel down, opening my arms wide as Rose runs towards me.

"Mama! Mama!" Rose cries loudly, embracing me tightly.

I hold my baby in my arms tightly, "Oh, Rose!" I mumble in her curly hair.

"I've missed you so much, baby!" I softly cry.

Rose giggles in my ear, "I wov you, mommy." She says, not letting me go.

I smile, lifting her up as I get up from the ground. "I love you too, Rosie." I giggle, looking at her.

"What has daddy been doing for you while I was gone?" I smirk.

Rose smiles widely at me. "We had ice cream and went out on rides!" She says.

I raise an eyebrow, "You were here at Neverland?" I ask.

Rose nods, "Mhm.. Daddy said not to go inside the house though. We stayed with Grandma and Grandpa." She slowly tells me.

I glare at Michael. I watch him smile widely, chatting with his family.

"Did he now?" I say, forcing a smile as I look back at Rose.

Rose nods her head. "Mhm. I prefer my mommy though." She gushes.

I blush wildly, "Mommy prefers you too over daddy." I giggle, leaning closer to her as our noses touch gently.

"Are you staying, mommy?" Rose quietly asks.

My smile disappears, "What do you mean? I wouldn't dare leave my babies." I say, fixing her collar on her floral print dress.

Rose frowns, looking down at my necklace sadly. "You were gone for such a long time.." She guiltily says.

I frown, "My baby..." I coo.

"Even when I'm not here-" I hold onto her little hand.

"I'll always love and think about you and April. Okay?" I tell her.

Rose grins at me.

I kiss her lips, "How was April?" I ask.

Rose smiles, "Daddy had to change her diapers." She giggles.

I chuckle, "Daddy used to do that for you too." I say.

Rose blushes, "I-I tink April was-was sick too.." She mumbles.

I furrow my eyebrows, "Sick like what, baby?" I ask.

Rose shrugs, "She cough and sniffle.." She shrugs again.

"Daddy didn't take her to-to a doctor.." She quietly says.

I gulp. "I'm sure April is fine, baby girl." I say, forcing another smile.