Chapter Eighty-Four

Mia's POV:

I was discharged from the hospital just hours after Michael was allowed in my room. I wanted to leave as soon as possible but Michael wanted me to stay. He thought I was still on some kind of medication and thought my head wasn't on straight. No, I want a divorce.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

"The car has arrived now." Michael says, holding onto my hand.

I frown, trying to slip my hand away from his. "I'd like to not be touched at the moment.." I quietly say.

Michael stares at me, quickly putting his sunglasses on. "Just until we get to the car, baby." He nervously says, grabbing onto my hand again.

I sigh. Michael always wears his sunglasses.. For multiple reasons. Today's being he has been crying. I don't like seeing him in pain but I can't help but feel it more than him. This is going to be hard, I can tell. Divorce is never easy.

I still feel asleep. Nothing feels real anymore.

"Alright, let's get going." Michael quietly says, ducking his head as we exit the hospital.

Just as we leave, cameras start flashing. Multiple reporters start shouting our names.

"Mia, are you on drugs?"

"Mia, are you dying?"

"Michael, is she a fake? Did Mia die?"

"Michael, where are the children?"

I gulp as Michael gently pushes me into the car.

Michael slides next to me, slamming the car door shut.

I glance at him as he slowly takes his glasses off.

Michael immediately stares at me.

I turn to my left, staring out the window.

Michael clears his throat, "I think we should talk, Mia. Please, talk to me." Michael pleads.

I look at him, sighing. "I thought we talked enough earlier..." I frown, crossing my arms.

Michael sighs loudly, "What is going on with you, Mia?!" Michael loudly says.

He shakes his head. "I don't want to argue, I just need you to talk to me!" He begs, holding onto both of my hands.

I frown. "What do you even want to talk about? What are you getting so upset about!?" I lowly ask.

Michael furrows his eyebrows, "Us." He whispers.

I roll my eyes. 

"Why do you want a divorce? We should talk about this, Mia!" Michael's voice cracks.

I gulp, furrowing my eyebrows.

"What do I have to do to make you stay? I love you, Mia. We've gone through so much. We shouldn't get a divorce! I won't leave anymore, Mia. I promise, I won't leave. I will be there by your side. If you want me to stop singing, I'll do it. If you want me to stay at home while you live your dreams, I'll do it. Baby, please.." Michael begs.

My eyes widen.

"It's Hell without you a-and I've realized that! We've both done so many mistakes but I can't live without you, Mia.." His eyes start to water.

I shut my eyes tightly, "Please don't cry.." I whisper.

Michael shakes his head, "How can I not, Mia? Do you even realize how much this hurts me?" Michael cries.