Bowling Gutters

This is so surreal. I’m lying in bed with my boyfriend’s arm draped over my body.  He’s fast asleep, I feel him breathing on the side of my neck and our bare legs intertwined.  He smacks his lips and I smile at how cute he is.  I look at the radio clock on my bedside table to see its 4am.  I really should be sleeping too but I don’t want to.  I want to enjoy this moment.

I hear him moan in his sleep and snuggle in closer to my body.  He must be feeling cold so I quickly get free from his arms and grab another blanket trying not to wake him. I see him lie there in peace; this is the first time that we have spent the night in the same bed together since we have started going out. My parents had made it clear that there was absolutely no sleeping in the same bed countless times, over and over again, but what they don’t know can’t hurt them.

I climb into bed and put my head into his chest and I can smell the typical Luke smell.  He moans again and I realise that I have woken him.  I pretend to be asleep though as I feel him look down at me.

“Aw, babe,” He says.  He pulls the blanket up around him and me and he holds me closer.  I smile and pull myself up from his chest to look at his face.

“Love you, you big cutie,” I whisper as I rest my head against his chest that is steadily rising and falling.  I see his tired eyes and his big grin, “Naw, not as cute as you though,” I kiss his neck and snuggle back into his chest.

Why am I so lucky, hey? To have this curly headed, cheeky monkey as my boyfriend.  I remember when I first laid eyes on him.  It would have been about 3 months ago when I was persuaded to go to a meet and greet by my best friend Mia. We had arrived an hour before they were supposed to arrive.  There were already thousands of girls and we had lined up for a good three hours although unfortunately we didn’t get to meet them.  I was so disappointed but not as much as her though.

That night, I went bowling with my friends at a local bowling alley.  It was a kind of spur of the moment thing to celebrate the first weekend of the school holidays. I didn’t really want to go as I can’t bowl but I’m glad I went now.  Mia and myself and two of our other friends, Steph and Sophie, decided to verse each other at bowling.

I hadn’t been bowling much before and I was really letting Mia down.  I tried to persuade them to put the barriers up so each time I bowled it wouldn’t go into the gutter, but they wouldn’t do it, they clearly wanted a laugh tonight.  The girls would just laugh at me and cheer as it got half way down the runway before it would go into the gutter.  Luckily there were only a dozen other people there unlike a usual Saturday night.

I heard someone snigger from another alley.  I turn to see it was Luke Brooks, from the Janoskian’s along with Jai, Beau, and Skip.  He saw that I was staring and he winks at me.  I smile and rush up to Mia.

“Oi Mia, try not to scream but, uh look over there,” I point to where the boys are and she stands up from her seat, peaking over to the alley where they are.  She sees Jai bowl a perfect strike.  I smile and she turns to me with a big grin on her face.  She starts to flick and scrunch up her hands excitedly; I reach up to her tall body and grab her shoulders to make her stop.  She quickly stops doing this and starts rambling.  This is something that I have seen countless times around the boy she likes.
            “Should we go talk to them? Has anyone got a camera? Do I look okay?” She smooth’s down the top of her long blonde hair.

“Calm down, Mia,” Sophie says, “I got this,” She picks up a bowling bowl and bowls a perfect strike.  I’m in awe of her skills at bowling.  Her strike has seemed to get the attention of Skip.  He walks over with Luke, Beau and Jai hot on his heels.

“You’re pretty good, we are just about finished.  Did you girls want to verse us?” Beau asks, his eyes are on Mia as he speaks.  She blushes and tilts her head so that her hair falls around her face.