Chapter 31

RAY POV

Hours and hours and hours spent waiting in the waiting room and finally we still hadn't heard of what happened to Mickie.

Although I insisted on taking her home, Tyra would not leave the waiting room until she was certain that her best friend was doing alright. In fact, she already called her mother and informed her on the current events and as expected, her mother called Mickie's parents. They arrived around two hours ago in tears and hope.

Her father had a bunch of angry questions for Chresanto including how the hell he could allow this to happen. I told Santo "On the bright side, tonight they'll finally know that their baby girl is pregnant." That, although it earned a chuckle from Chresanto, was what scared him maybe a bit more than what was going on now.

Nearly an hour later, Tyra yawned and leaned her head on my shoulder. I felt her small fingers playing with the ends of my two braids, probably undoing them only to redo them as she always did. She was the only one who I didn't mind touching my hair.

"You tired?" I asked.

She yawned again but stubbornly shook her head. I knew it was a lie, but I was too comfortable here with her to just move and take her home. Besides, Mickie's parents would probably need her around for when the doctors finally informed them on Mickie's situation.

Tyra once mentioned how often Mickie's folks argued and how it effected her. The way they behaved in the ER, I never would've expected them to hate each others guts.

Mickie's mom was in her father's arms, sobbing into the man's chest. He just held his wife with loving and protective arms with his chin rested on the crown of her head. He had ran his hands up and down her back while she trembled in his care. I'd never seen what a mother's love can do to her, but watching Mickie's mom weakening my the second because her child was probably fighting for her life, I now knew what it did.

"They hate each other?" I thought aloud.

I felt Tyra shrug her shoulders and sigh. "I dunno. They act like they do and they always fighting... but I don't think you could just hate someone who you've loved for damn near 20 years."

Lie. You could love someone so much, you hate them. I mean, it doesn't make sense, but if you thought of it, it was possible. Loving someone so much that they weakened you, made you angry, made you want to pull your hair out. I loved Tyra, but I'd be a damn lie if I said she didn't piss me off. We didn't argue all the time, but even when we did we got through it regardless of how hard it was.

I could obviously see that Mickie's folks loved each other to death. They just had a funky way of showing it.

"They love each other." I mumbled.

She looked up at me with confusion and curiosity in her face. "We talkin' bout the same people?"

I chuckled and nodded. "I know what love looks like, Tyra. That's love." Tyra smiled and planted her head back in the same spot as before. Instead of playing with my hair like before, she took my hand and wrapped our fingers around each other. She used her other hand to cover our entangled hands. I just let it all happen.

It was then that I knew that I loved Tyra De-Anne James.

"Tyra," I whispered.

"Ray," she responded.

"I love you."

So today is 9/11 and i just want to take the time to say R.I.P. to all the angels in heaven from the tragic incident. If anyone has lost a loved one, i am deeply sorry for your loss and I'll always be here if you need anything. Hmu on kik if anything. It's the same name as my Wattpad.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter ; I'll update soon.

~•RIP CINDY 02.08.98-01.27.14•~
~•#PRAY4LIZ•~
~•Miqualia•~