Chapter 29

RAY POV

I hung up the phone after briefly talking with Tyra. I applied more pressure onto Mickie's stomach and gulped from her screams. All I could think about was "What if Tyra was here? What if this was Tyra?" It made my mind cluttered with bad thoughts, I almost got a headache.

Throughout the whole situation, I seemed to be one of the only few people who still had his common sense intact. Jacob dialed 911 and explained the situation and gave my address. I could hear the sirens in the distance. Santo was a totally different story.

I didn't know if he forgot his girlfriend was pregnant with his child, but it sure as hell seemed that way. While Mickie screamed in horror and pain, Chresanto was pacing the kitchen with a bottle of Schmirnoff and some edibles.

The MSFTS ran away once Mickie fell to the ground. I think that was a pussy move but I, for some unknown reason, also felt that they probably didn't mean for Mickie to be caught in crossfire. Even with her hiding behind the loveseat like Chresanto told her to, she somehow managed to get shot in the stomach. Now, we're in this very situation.

When EMT finally arrived, paramedics lifted Mickie onto a gurney and wheeled her out to the ambulance. I followed suit behind with Chresanto, holding her hand and whispering comforting words to her.

"It's gonna be okay. Don't worry." I whisper.

I notice Tyra staring at us and her mouth hanging.  She had tears welded up in her eyes. I almost wanted to cry but now was not the time. My best friend's pregnant girlfriend was just shot in the abdomen on accident because she was caught in a crossfire that had nothing to do with her.

"Chresanto," Mickie sobbed, "make it stop!" Sadly, there was nothing Santo could do to make the pain go away. I doubt Mickie had time to realize that.

"Ray? What the fuck happened?" Tyra asked with tears rolling down her cheeks.

I contemplated who my attention should go towards but seeing as Mickie was pregnant and wounded, I had basically no choice but to ignore Tyra's question and board the ambulance with her towards the hospital.

"What's the patient's name?" One EMT man asked calmly.

"Uh, Mikayla Jhené Walker." Chresanto answered.

"What's your relation to the patient?"

"I'm her boyfriend and this is my brother." Santo again answered.

"Date of birth?" The EMT asked.

"June 24, 1998." Santo answered.

"Any medical history we should know about? Any medical problems we should know about?" The EMT guy asked.

"She's pregnant." Santo said with wide eyes. The EMT looked up from his clipboard and then glanced towards his partner. His partner scooted past us and whispered something to the driver.

The driver then sped up the ambulance in a much evident speed and turned the sirens on so you could hear the wee-woo sounds.

"Okay, we'll continue these questions in the waiting room. Stay back." The EMT guy said, finally taking action into controlling the blood Mickie was losing. By now, she was slowly slipping in and out of consciousness. Chresanto talked to her to keep her eyes open for as long as she could but it seemed that the more seconds went by, the slower her speech became and the more sleepy she was. I knew that within this day, we'd leave the hospital with one of two news.

1. Mickie was fine and would be able to walk out the hospital as soon as she finished surgery and healed.

2. Mickie didn't make it and we'd need to plan funeral arrangements.

Which ever one we received was still going to leave a huge impact on all our lives, especially Chresanto's. The love of his life was seconds to death all because of his relations with the gang. He was definitely going to regret joining the fam now if he didn't before.

We pulled up to the hospital minutes later. The paramedics lifted the gurney and wheeled Mickie inside the hospital. Immediately, doctors and nurses took control of the situation. The EMT who was questioning us mumbled "Code 83-P" to the other doctors and nurses. Afterwards, we couldn't see Mickie. Immediately, she was into surgery. The best we could do now was pray that God would take control of the situation for the best and that Mickie would make it out alive and healthy.

Sorry for short chapterness. I'll write more soon.

But on another note; I'm scared as shit. This same mosquito been following me for damn near a week. It got to the point when I named it. Marquis the Mosquito :)

Ok. Hmu if you need anything. Inbox, Twitter, Kik. Anything.

Twitter: Miqualia5sos
Kik: Miqualia
~•RIP CINDY 02.08.98-01.27.14•~
~•#PRAY4LIZ•~
~•Miqualia•~