Chapter 33

RAY POV

Two days later, Chresanto was dropping me off at home. I had to shower and change clothes before I went with Myles to the shop to get my car. All this time and them niggas finally finished working on my car. It's about damn time.

Lately, Chresanto hadn't been speaking much. I couldn't blame him though. He had a lot on his mind, including Mickie and his baby. He's actually taking the situation a lot better than I'd expected.

I talked to Tyra about it and she agreed that Chresanto was acting a little too calm for the situation. She told me to keep an eye out for him in case he did something stupid. She didn't need to tell me that; I already expected to have to do that. Chresanto was a ticking time bomb ready to go.

My house was undergoing major repairs. My mother was pissed off at the crib when she came home from work to see bullet holes all in her walls, broken windows, and a total wreck of a house. I just lied and said it was one of those cases when people come in the wrong expecting someone else to be there but completely fucking up. Of course, that didn't cover the blood on the floors and couches. Automatically she inspected my body to see if I was okay.

That part, I told the truth about how Mickie got shot on accident and how I had managed to stab one of the Arias brothers. She didn't know who i stabbed, though.

I got in the shower and washed up. I shampooed my long ass hair and rinsed off. After my shower, I got out and with a towel wrapped around my waist. I went to my bedroom to find clothes before I sent Myles that I was ready. He simply responded with a "K."

I got dressed and grabbed my wallet and phone from the dresser. I waited outside for Myles to arrive with my hair flowing in poofy locks while it air dried.

"Raymond!" Myles sang as he pulled up. I scowled at him and smiled sarcastically as I got in.

"You know damn well my name is--"

"Yeah, yeah. I don't really care." He cut me off.

"Myles, I swear I could kill you sometimes."

"Too bad ya won't," He said in an asshole type of way.

We drove a couple of blocks in a comfortable silence before Myles put the left indicator on and made a left turn. "How's my little Augustus?" Myles asked, referring to Chresanto.

"I dunno." I shrugged. "I don't know if he's sad as hell or not giving a fuck. You know how good he is at hiding emptions."

"I think he'll need therapy." Myles seriously stated. "It's not easy losing a loved one. Especially of it's ya kid."

"But what about Mickie," I asked in all seriousness. She lost her child and wasn't even conscious to hold him for even a second before the hospital staff took him away. What would she feel if she knew that? We still hadn't told her and was honestly avoiding the subject until it was time to go. But not to mention that her father walked out on her and her mother was filing for a divorce. "she's going through a lot more than Santo is at the moment.

"Mickie doesn't even know what's going on yet. She'll figure it out when Chresanto stops being a dickhead and finally visits her." Myles was right. She didn't know what was going on. But that didn't mean that she didn't need therapy after things settled. She was still going to have to find out what happened to her kid. She was still going to have to find out that her dad left her. Eventually, she'll know about her parents' divorce.

I think that in comparison to Chres, Mickie had a whole lot more to handle at the moment.

When we pulled up to the lot, Myles and I got from the car and went to the front desk inside. i gave the lady my information and she yelled something in Spanish. A Hispanic man came from the back with a smile on his face. He wiped his hands off on a rag he held and extended his hand for me to shake. I did.

"Ray, my man." He said in a thick Mexican accent. "My boy, Josue, said you'd be here. He couldn't make it in today but I'm finishing up on another guy car. Have a seat on the couch and I'll come talk." I raised an eyebrow suspiciously and reluctantly sat. All I wanted was to get my car and go to the hospital to visit Mickie. Obviously since Chresanto wasn't going, Mickie needed someone. He was being a stubborn bitch.

Almost 45 minutes passed until the guy who's name I had yet to learn finally came back. His hands were cleaner and he held keys in his hand.

"Lo siento," he said while tossing me the keys. I caught em swiftly and stood to my feet. I shook his hand again just like before and introduced myself properly. "My name is Javier. I did the majority of the work on your car. A couple days after your car came in, Josue got into an accident. He was out for quite a minute. He's back now but not today. Something about a court date."

I couldn't care less, to be honest. I just wanted my car.

"What did homie do?" Myles butted in the conversation. I wanted to punch him for keeping the conversation going.

"Something about gang related violence. I dunno."

"Well, that's very disappointing to hear--" Javier cut me off.

"I know. I kept telling that kid to stop getting mixed up in the streets. Nothing good ever comes from it." He shook his head and ran a hand over his face. "I learned from experience. Life in these streets always end in you losing someone close to you or jail time." Javier released a sharp sigh. "What I'd do to get my love back." His head hung down.

"What happened to her?" Myles asked. I was quite curious to be honest.

"I was being stupid. I was supposed to protect her. Love her. Care for her. But instead, my recklessness and carelessness behavior led to her death. She got shot by one of them boys in the rival gang I was against." Javier sniffled. "If only Josue would listen to me when I tell him these things. The streets are not for children. Especially ones like him, and you too. You kids look like smart kids. Do me a favor and stay off these streets."

Myles and I exchanged glances before nervously nodding towards Javier.

"I'm serious. I don't know you like that, but I know what'll happen if you live your life on the streets. You don't want that."

Little did he know, Craig already lost someone to the streets and Chresanto was about to. If they were here, they'd know. I almost lost Tyra twice, thank God she's still here. If anything happened to her, I doubt I'd ever forgive myself.

"Yes sir." We agreed.

Javier stood up and wiped his eyes with a tissue from the box on the coffee table in the front lobby of the shop. "Mirame, I'm telling my sob stories. Anyways, back to your car." He led us to the back and towards my car. "Now, with your car..."

Here we go.

~•RIP CINDY 02.08.98-01.27.14•~

~•#PRAY4LIZ•~

~•Miqualia•~