Chapter 18:

A/N: Hey guys so let me know what you think about Caranda. I hope you guys love it as much as I do. Love you all so much. A.k.f. and k.o.k.o. Oh and you guys may or may not cry this chapter. No one dies it's just really fucking sweet.

Xogr 🖕🏻😘❤️😘🖕🏻

Negan's POV:

Carl came into his room at about 10:30 and I was sitting on his bed. I don't think Carl saw me so I just stayed quiet. He had a huge smile on his face and he was doing a little dance.

"What's got you so fucking happy?" I asked with a giant smile on my face. Carl turned around and clutched his chest. I laughed loudly as he flipped me off.

"Jesus Negan! You scared the shit outta me!" He yelled. I stood up off the bed and pulled him into a tight hug. "I had a great day today." He said, smiling as he looked up at me.

I ruffled his hair and replied "I sure as shit did too. Thanks for comin' with me." I patted him on the back and headed to the door. "Hey wait." Carl said, stopping me from leaving.

"Uh...how do I talk to girls?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck. I smiled at him and sat back down on the bed. "Well...uh...you gotta ask 'em what they're into. Uh you should ask them what they're favorite hobbies are or were." I explained. I wasn't that good with giving advice to kids about girls. I was just good with the ladies and getting into bed with them.

"Here pretend I'm Miranda and talk to me." I said, flipping my fake hair. Carl gave me a stupid smile and I just went along.

"Hey Miranda...I was wondering what kinda stuff you like to do. You know any hobbies you have." Carl began.

(A/N: Okay read this in a really shitty girl voice.)
"Oh Carl...before the world went to shit I used to roller skate a lot and I was on the school cheer team." I said in a horrible girl's voice. Carl tried to hide his laugh but failed miserably.

"Alright. I'm just gonna go to bed now." Carl said in a sort of annoyed tone. He got up from the bed and headed over to his dresser. "No, Carl wait. In all seriousness...You just gotta be yourself, son. Don't do none of that shy stuttery bullshit you pull. Be the badass kid who impressed the hell outta me. Treat her like the damn fine lady she is. Don't disrespect her." I said.

Carl gave me a nod and a small smile. "Thanks Negan. I appreciate it. And thank you again for today. It was one of the best days of my life." Tears threatened to form in my eyes but I fought them. I nodded and headed back to the door.

"Oh and Carl...once you get her...don't let go because it only takes a second to lose everything you have. You hold her tight. Hold onto her even if it means risking your life." I said before leaving. I wish I had followed that advice with Lucille. I would have never lost her if I did.

~time skip~ sorry...not sorry~

Negan's POV:

I shot up in bed when I heard screaming. I ran out of my room and straight to Carl's. I knew that's where it was coming from because he has nightmares almost every night. Poor kid's been through a shit storm.

Once I got to his room I saw him tossing and turning in his bed. He was covered in sweat and he kept mumbling something I couldn't quite catch. I slowly approached his bed and put my hand on his forehead.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" Carl screamed as he grabbed my wrist. "CARL! It's me! It's me." I said, caressing his face. "Shhhh. You're okay. I promise." I said quietly, hoping to calm him down. He sat up in his bed and when he realized who I was he hugged me tightly.

I hugged him back and held the back of his head in my hand. "It's okay, son. I'm here. You're safe with me." I whispered as he sobbed in my neck. I slowly rocked him side to side hoping to provide some sort of comfort to him.

"Th-they tried to h-hurt her. I-I couldn't s-save her and she...she..." Carl began, but was cut off by his loud sobs. I held him tighter than ever, tears almost spilled but I had to stay strong for Carl. I knew what he was going through but I couldn't begin to imagine what it would be like to lose both of your parents and have to put both of them down before they turned.

I did lose my mom when I was young and my dad was an abusive drunk so I just became cold. I shut everyone out and grew up to be a total dick. "It's okay, son." I repeated, it was really the only thing I could say to calm him down.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked quietly. He took in a deep breath and began his story. "Well I was in the woods with Miranda and we were just taking a walk. Out of nowhere this herd of walkers came and we were both fighting it off and killing as many as we could. There was a bunch of gunshots and out of nowhere all these walkers started dropping dead. Then th-they came out of the trees and grabbed her. The-they tried to take her but I wouldn't let them. They opened the back of a van and you fell out. They had a knife to your throat. They s-said if I-I didn't give them Miranda they would kill y-you." Carl sobbed.

I put my hand on his cheek and wiped away his tear with my thumb. "Hey, I'm not goin' anywhere. I certainly cannot leave my two favorite badasses behind and someone's gotta take care of my wives. I sure as hell ain't gonna let Simon take care of them." I said trying to cheer him up. I actually managed to get a smile out of him.

"Will you stay with me until I fall back asleep?" Carl asked hopefully. I ruffled his hair and gave him a quick peck on the top of his forehead. "Sure thing, son." I said as he lay back in his bed. I waited for him to get comfortable and I lay next to him. I rested my arm around his shoulders and waited for him to fall asleep. Before I knew it I was falling asleep with him.

A/N: Phew!!! This chapter was such an emotional roller coaster. I mean Coral and Negan's relationship took a big step today. I hope y'all didn't cry as much as I did. But if you did I don't blame you. I love you all and please let me know what you thought in the comments. A.k.f. and k.o.k.o. Night bitches.

Xogr 🖕🏻😘❤️😘🖕🏻