Chapter 83 | Rebuilding

The many soldiers cheered and joked as they drank their drinks, laughing in the joy of a gigantic victory. Agent 34 sat at a makeshift table with the Destigems. The soldiers sat at more tables that were only temporary for the occasion: it was a party to celebrate not only the killing of Braunick, but the one who killed him.

"You destroyed the gems?" Thad asked him, Agent 34 nodding quickly. "They're too powerful for one man, especially of ours. Evil is driven by power and when one gets ahold of a gem, they want them all,"

"Very true," Vrängr said. "I was power hungry even when I was sworn under Braunick,"

"Wait, you are evil, aren't you?" Bradford asked slowly.

"Aha, yes, but I'm going to cleanse myself. I assumed that the rest of the war would help me turn good, but it apparently wasn't enough. I'm going on my own adventure soon, and I'm not returning until I am good," The elf explained.

"That sounds pleasing," Ismara said. "Where are you going?"

"Outside of Renya," Vrängr said. Everyone's jaws dropped.

"No one knows what's out there," The dwarf said. "You won't have any sense of direction,"

"Ergh, I'll figure it out. I'm always up for a good puzzle or two," he smiled as bright as anyone who had pure good within their soul.

"Well, actually," Marque piped in. "I was kind of thinking of going on some sort of expedition. That time me and Agent 34–sorry, Bradford—ran away from the Zena and went out on our own journey was amazing. I'd like to do something like that again,"

"Welcome aboard," the elf smiled. "You can come with me,"

"Alright, alright," Sercon said to them. "Let's get down to some real business. Who shall become the new king? What shall we do with the whole 'Destigem' concept itself with no more gems? What should we do with the thousands of elves, dwarves, humans, and werewolves we have as our troops? More than half of their homes were destroyed, if they had any at all,"

"Well, I can answer a few," Thad said. "For a king, we have a true leader sitting right at this table, and it isn't me. Bradford can be the king of Renya for the rest of his life,"

"No," he said immediately. "I don't want kingship. My blood was never royal and Braunick sort of forced it to be. You are a way better leader than I'll ever be, Thad,"

"Let's vote," Ismara said. "Bradford or Thad?"

"I'm saying no," The elf yelled. "I do not want to be king,"

"Votes are in!" Marque said jokingly. "Thad wins!"

"Fine, whatever," Thad said, trying to hide his glee. "As for the Destigems, I say we just stay as we are. We are a team that works together to destroy evil. The rules never clarified that gems were needed to be in the group,"

"Agreed." The remaining members said at once.

"As for homes, we can simply build them back. You probably shouldn't have gotten rid of those gems so quickly Bradford, we could've used them to rebuild our country," The dwarf said.

"Even for the good, gems are too powerful for Renyan use," Agent 34 told them. "Never again shall we have something that drove us to the brink of extinction,"

"Another idea I think could help Renya—rebuilding the Zena," Thad exclaimed.

"Where are we relocating this time?" Sercon rolled his eyes.

"No, no," he told them. "I mean—rebuild the old Zena. The original location. It could be a city this time instead of a rebellion organization,"

"That could work," Ismara said. "Very easily. If it expands to the coast, which wouldn't be hard, it could be a great spot for boats and trading,"

"Yes, but the project won't begin until the rest of the continent has been reconstructed," the dwarf stood up, clapping his hands together. "Alright, let's get some tents set up for us and the soldiers. Tonight, we will have a good sleep,"

The Destigems began to pitch tents for the soldiers, saving theirs for last. The soldiers began to help as well, and pretty soon, everyone had a small tent of around two-to-three people inside of it. The Destigems just had their own to do next.

Agent 34 threw his things beside where Ismara stood. He shot a smile to her as he began to unravel the sticks and materials and position them as they went. He was confused when he found the female simply watching him.

"Why aren't you making your tent?" he asked.

Ismara's eyes moved away before flickering back to him worriedly. "Bradford, I don't think I'm going to stay with the Zena,"