thirtyone

i woke up the next morning. it was still 6am but i could sleep anymore. probably because the thought of going anywhere with shawn made me sick to my stomach. what would people say? that i ditched nick for him. ugh gross. i went downstairs and saw carlos was just getting in to start breakfast for everyone.

i put on my workout clothes and clicked my headphones in for a jog through the city. i remember being little and my mom passed away, i ran away from home and literally ran 10 miles until i was found the police. it drove my dad crazy.

*ring*
incoming call from dad👨🏻

"hello?" i answered confused

"hey are you around the studio?" he asked

"i'm about 3 blocks away dad, why what's up?"

"i just wanted you to stop by later to check in on wardrobe for the MET?"

"the MET?"

"yeah, shawn called me this morning to verify your attendance with him. isn't he such a gentleman?"

oh yea total gentlemen. i ended the call with my dad and ran back home to change before heading the office.

"hey baby, where did you go??" nick startled me as i walked in the door.

"oh i went for a run. i need to go to the office to meet my dad though, so i sort of have to change" i say

"meet your dad? for what?" he asked pouring himself a cup of coffee.

fuck. what was i supposed to tell him? i didn't want to lie, but i also didn't want to tell him and cause him to get mad. what would a good girlfriend do? i know the answer, but was there any other possible answer i could give him.

nope.

"listen, i'm about to say something pretty crazy. so crazy it might make you mad. but there's no other way to fix this issue. and i don't want to lie to you so here it goes.... shawn wants me to go to the MET Gala with him tonight. if i don't he'll say that the only reason i signed the band is because me and you fucked"

"IS THAT ASSHOLE FUCKING SERIOUS?"

"babe calm down please" i insisted

"bella, you cant really think about going through with this. it's not true and we can prove it, you don't have to go"

"nick, it seems simple to say no and prove that it isn't true but it's not just about the band. shawn said he would also say that the only reason the label signed jack&jack is because G is my brother. you see, it's not just simple to say screw it and let that be said out there in the world"

"i swear i'm gonna kill that jackass" nick sighed.

i walked over to his side of the counter and hugged him, laying my head on his chest. his arms rubbed my back, trying to calm me.

"do you want me to come with you to see your dad?" nicked asked.

"no, i don't want shawn to be there and then you end up fighting in front of my dad" i explained.

"so he lives another day.... lame" he smirked

"i love you" i laughed

i went upstairs and changed before heading to the office to suffer a long day of trying on dresses.

"hello gorgeous" a voice greeted me as i walked into my dad's office.

"what are you doing here mendes?" i asked annoyed of the boy already.

"listen we're going to the gala together, can't we just get along for now and then enjoy this time?" shawn insisted

"i'd rather choke on glass"

"kinky" he winked.

my dad came in after about 5 minutes to hear shawn and i bickering about every possible thing in existence.

"wowah, what's going on here? i've never seen you guys fight throughout your entire friendship" dad asked walking in.

"yeah well things change... people change." i say

"well put that aside for now bella, there are more important issues to attend to. go down to the wardrobe room, there's dresses for you to try on" dad demanded.

after about 3 hours of trying on 20 dresses, i finally found one i loved. look, i hated the idea of going anywhere with shawn. i'd rather go with my boys, specifically nick. but i always enjoyed dressing up and looking elegant.
_______________________________
imessages

bella 😻
do you wanna see something?
nicholas ❤️
sure, what's up mamasita? 😋
bella 😻

nicholas ❤️okay but who the fuck told you to go out and kill me with this look mami 😍 nicholas❤️honestly fuck me, how did i get so lucky? i just wish you were going with me and not you know

nicholas ❤️
okay but who the fuck told you to go out and kill me with this look mami 😍
nicholas❤️
honestly fuck me, how did i get so lucky? i just wish you were going with me and not you know.. him
bella😻
we have to do what's best for all of us babe. i'll be home later tonight and we can have some fun of our own 😉_______________________________

i sat in hair and makeup all dolled up, simply waiting for Shawn to finish before heading out to the gala.

"ready?" he walked into the room.

"you couldn't stop me if you tried" i said sarcastically

we walked down and got loaded into the limo with my dad, publicist, and other needed personal. within minutes, we were being lead out onto the red carpet. cameras flashed and screams rang through our ears.

"SHAWN, is this your girlfriend?" a woman asked shoving a microphone in his face.

"what's it look like?" he winked turning his face towards me leaning into a kiss.

"this wasn't a part of the deal" i pushed away.

"it is now" he says before pulling me back and intertwining his lips with mine.
_______________________________

a/n: GUYS I FUCKING BOUGHT MY FOMO TOUR TICKETS EVEN THOUGH I TOLD MYSELF I WASN'T GOING TO GO.

so if anyone is going to the hollywood show on august 9, i'll see you there!!!