Chapter Five - Nightmare

"You change your hair colour

"You change your hair colour." Elijah said when he walks into the living room.

"Yeah, the old colour reminds me of blood and you grandpa, owe me a dozen new clothes." Natalia said as she put aside the book that she's reading and gesturing at Elijah to sit beside her. Natalia hugs her knees to her chest when Elijah take a sit beside her.

"I will buy you as many new clothes as you want."

"As many as I want? That is very tempting." Elijah chuckles hearing what Natalia said.

"Thank you Natalia for everything yesterday. I broke my promise to you."

"You did, but its okay Elijah. You were always there when I needed your help and yesterday was my turn to help you."

"Jonas tells me everything that you did yesterday."

"Everything?" Natalia ask and Elijah nod.

"Did he also tell you how disgusting I look with blood all over my hands?"

"He didn't tell me that, but he did tell me about how nice you were towards Caroline."

"Oh yeah. I think I did do that."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you being nice to her?" Natalia let out a heavy sighs when she hears his question.

"Why cant I?" Natalia ask as she look at Elijah with her head resting on his knees.

"Because knowing you, I know how you feel about strangers." Elijah said and Natalia sigh.

"I don't know Elijah. Maybe because she reminds me of the old me. The one that was scared and lost and hurt from betrayal. That look in her eyes yesterday, reminds me of who I was before. Lost, lonely and hurt. I feel sorry for her just like how I feel sorry for the old me."

"You are not lonely. I'll be here with you, I promise." Natalia smiles when she hears Elijah's words. She always know that she can count on him.

"So are you going to tell me what's going on?" Natalia ask.