Part XI

Y/n woke to the sun shining in her face.
"Morning sexy."
"What?" she yawned and looked up at Sammy. "Your hair's a total mess." she said and tried to smooth some of it down. He smiled at her slyly.
"It sure seems you slept well."
"What do you mean?"
"Well considering the fact that it's twelve in the afternoon-"
"Wait what?" she looked at the bendy clock ticking on the wall.
"You looked so peaceful I didn't dare disturb you." he said kissing her head.
"Yeah.. It's really cold in here."
"It'd probably help if you put some clothes on. " she looked down at herself, and then squealed and hid under the blanket.
Y/n felt Sammy's weight lift from the bed and she could hear him leave the room.
"God damn.. What exactly happened last night.." She remembered the pain and pleasure she felt the night before hit her all at once, causing her to gag a little.
"It's fine.. Everything's fine.. " she told herself, but her mind was racing really fast.
She eventually crawled out from under the blanket and looked at the floor where her clothes laid. "I can't believe that happened.." she muttered.
She went to pick up her clothes, but Sammy burst back into the room.
"So guess who just called?"
"Um.. Who?"
"Stupid ass Joey. He wants us all to come in last minute. He's always gotta get in the way of all my plans. We can't ever get a full day off. I mean, we're the ones doing all his biddings, we all deserve some respect."
"That is really stupid. I can't believe he did this again.."
"I outta give him a piece of my mind." Sammy said making a fist.
"I'd rather you not do that.."
"It's not like he'd fire me. He wouldn't be able to find another musician like me. We both know that."
Y/n rolled her eyes. "Don't test your luck."
Sammy laid down on the bed and laid his arm over his eyes.
"I'm not looking if you want to get dressed now." he said causing her face to turn pink. She quickly got her outfit on and fixed her hair.
"I'm so not looking forward to writing all those songs.."
"Well at least you have me to help." Y/n said enthusiastically.
"And for that I'm blessed." he said as he kissed her on the head.

✒️

They had arrived to the studio full of groggy and tired workers.
"Ah, Sammy Lawrence! You're just the man I wanted to see!"
"What now Joey?"
He pulled Sammy out of the room. Y/n walked downstairs and into the music room, where she sat at the piano and played a few notes.
"Hey.."
She looked up to see Allison sitting down beside her.
"You okay?"
"Yeah.. I just came over to say goodbye.."
"Wait what!?"
She hugged y/n. "It was fun I must say.. but Joey had a conference with me a little while ago. He said there could only be one Alice, so I gave up the role to Susie. It meant so much more to her than me anyways.."
"Can you not find another job to do here?"
She stayed silent but gave a sad smile.
"ALLISON!"
They both looked over to see Susie running in their direction.
"Why would you do that?!"
"Well-"
"I love you so much and I'm gonna miss you so much and you can't leave and I'm sorry I've been a bitch and, and.." She wrapped her arms around Allison while crying.
"I thought you hated me." she joked.
"I did, but that was only because I was jealous that Sammy and Joey liked your voice better than mine."
Hearing his name come out of Susie's mouth sent a defensive chill down y/n's spine.
"Hey if you really love me so much than can you pack my stuff for me?"
"Heh, no."
While they were talking, y/n could see Sammy walk in with a stressed demeanor.
"Everybody out!" he yelled, startling Susie and a few other people in the room.
"The hell is that ruckus about, Sammy?"
"Out!"
He got a lot of looks as everyone left, except for y/n. After they had all walked out, Susie and Allison still talking about whatever, not noticing y/n still sitting at the piano. She could hear his footsteps coming up behind her. She was expecting for his arms to be wrapped around her or for him to sit next to her.
"Are you deaf?"
She looked up at the figure of Sammy looming above her.
"What?" She smiled playfully but he stayed still and almost emotionless.
"Hey you okay Sammy?"
He just glared at her, almost with a look of slight annoyance.
"Ya know what, on your way out can you go up and flip the projector on, thanks." He turned and walked over to the violin, picking it up and then glancing back to the confused y/n.
She simply left the room not trying to make him mad at her. She walked up to the projector room and flipped it on.
"Thank you love. You may leave now." he responded without looking at her.
"Are you sure you don't need any help?"
He gave her an even more annoyed look that was enough of an answer.
She walked back down the stairs and walked up to where Allison was standing.
"Am I annoying?"
"What? Of course not dear! Whatever gave you that idea?"
She looked down trying to hold tears back.
"Did Sammy say something about you being annoying?"
She sniffles and shook her head.
"Hey I'm back- Wait.. Why is she crying!?"
Allison pointed her head in the direction towards the music room.
"What the hell did he do?"
"Nothing.."
"That's a god damn lie y/n!"
"Susie back off of her! If she doesn't wanna talk about it she doesn't-"
"I swear to god if he hit you again!"
"No, he didn't. It's just.. I don't know.. Something's wrong with him and he's pushing me away and it makes me feel like shit.."
They both hugged her.
"I know exactly what you're talking about. Men are weird like that I guess."
"Hey Ally, are you actually leaving?"
She turned and faced Thomas.
"Yeah.. Sorry.."
His face was slightly pink.
"Well I um got you a parting gift.."
He handed her a small rose.
"Oh my it's beautiful! Thank you so much!" she said kissing him on the cheek.
"Well.. Do you um.. wanna go out to dinner with me tonight? I mean I understand if you're busy.."
" I'd love to!"
"Ugh. So cheesy."
"Tell me about it." y/n sighed.
"She's so caught up with him that she forgot to tell us bye."
"Yep.."
"Is Sammy like that behind closed doors or is he about the same?"
Her face flashed red from the thoughts of last night. "Well.. He's a.. umm.. a bit different.."
"Wait! That's right I'm mad at him! He hurt you didn't he?!"
"What no he's just a bit pissy right now."
"Well he shouldn't take it out on you."
She grabbed y/n's arm and dragged her to the music room.
"Not again.. Susie he didn't do anything! Please don't do this! You're gonna make him even more stressed and I don't wanna do that!"
"SAMMY FUCKIN LAWRENCE!" she yelled as she kicked in the door.
They watched him jump out of the chair and fall with a loud thud.
"Let go of me!"
"You need to learn how to respect this tiny little cinnamon roll! She loves you, ya know that! You should be honored, but no you just throw her around like she's Wally's keys!"
"First off, What the hell!? Second do you know how long it had taken me to write that piece you just messed up?!"
"You'll be fine-"
"No you made me lose my concentration with your stupid blabbing that doesn't even make any sense!"
"It does to!" She pulled y/n out in front of her, causing her to lose her footing and trip.
"Y/n you okay?"
"Don't touch me! You need to stop jumping to conclusions and dragging me around and causing people more stress!"
"Well at least I'm getting answers and solutions for you since you're too scared!"
"Am not!"
"Shut the living Hell UP!"
Sammy had that look in his eye that actually intimated Susie.
"Are you done?"
She just stared at him, wanting to run but her arrogance wouldn't let her move. Y/n was laying on the floor crying, and a few employees were watching at a safe distance in the projector booth.
"sorry Sammy.. she wouldn't listen to me and-"
"It's fine. Everything's fine! Can you two leave now?"
Y/n could feel a knife stabbing through her heart. She was used to Sammy yelling at everyone, but he had never intentionally took his rage out on her before. She stood up and left the room, quickly hiding somewhere Susie wouldn't be able to find her.
Susie approached Sammy and said to him in a low quiet voice, "Now that you scared your 'little sheep' off, mind tell me what your deal is?"