Part XV

"SAMMY!"
"Shh.. It's okay I'm here."
Susie and Wally jumped up at the sudden yelling. Sammy was cradling y/n in his arms and stroking her hair.
"Are you okay?!" she asked.
"Shouldn't I be asking you that, my little sheep?"
"No.. I just watched them kill you.. You came out of this machine covered in ink, no, your skin was slowly turning into the ink.. You died the same way I did last time but you didn't die and I couldn't do anything because that stupid Bertrum wouldn't let go of me!"
Sammy stared at her in shock, and he could feel the fear that she did.
"That's it, I'm quittin'! Everything that's happened in her dreams has happened in reality right? I don't wanna die like that! When y'all go in tomorrow tell Joey that I'm outta there!"
Susie just clutched the blanket.
"I can't just quit.. Alice, she's a part of me.. And what if it was all nothing? Maybe y/n's nightmares don't have anything to do with what I saw earlier and it's all a big coincidence and we'll quit for nothing."
Sammy sighed. "I couldn't leave if I wanted to. I've got all that music to write and if I leave the whole place will fall apart. Plus-"
"It doesn't matter! It's probably best if everything falls apart! I can't lose you!"
Y/n was clutching his chest and crying.
"Nothing is gonna happen to me. Everything will be fine."
"No it won't Sammy! You know it as much as I do! We're all gonna die, and the only way out is-"
"Enough! This is stupid and you're just being paranoid!"
Wally grabbed Susie by the shoulder and shook his head.
"Even if she is just being paranoid, it's better to be safe than sorry."
"You shut your stupid mouth. You're just a janitor, not like quitting will effect you that much."
"Susie please, I don't wanna see you get hurt.. Joey already has it out for you and ya know I really-"
"It doesn't matter."
"Susie! There are people who love you and care about you."
"Of course there are. Everyone loves Alice."
"No. I hate Alice Angel! She can burn in hell for all I care! The girl I'm in love with is Susie Campbell, and she is more beautiful than any stupid cartoon angel."
She stared at Wally in disbelief and shock. Sammy glared at her and snarled at the thought that he had just put his job above y/n's concern for losing him.
"I'm sorry.." he muttered.
Everyone seemed stuck in their own little world. Susie couldn't grasp the thought of anyone actually loving her for her, not her voice or the cartoon she played. She was stuck in between the insanity of doing anything for her dream, or a sanity of a true lie. Deep down she knew it wasn't the fame she wanted, just someone who would actually love her. She thought there was no other way to achieve it other than through fame and fortune.
Wally didn't care much for working at the studio, but if it meant he could see Susie and protect her from Joey than he was happy with it. She had been his crush since the first time he saw her and he wasn't about to lose her or any of his other friends. The others were his only family too. 
Sammy gripped y/n as tightly as he could, feeling tears starting to form at his eyes. His little sheep was suffering and there was nothing he could do. He was terrified of losing her more than anything else. He didn't want to go back to the studio and put her in danger, but he was scared of the consequences that would come if he didn't. He couldn't stand the feeling of being completely helpless, but there was nothing he could do.
"Y/n, I'm sorry.. I don't know how to stop this from happening.. If anything happens to me, I want you to leave the studio, and go far away from here. Find someone who can protect you from the things I couldn't. And always, always know I love you."
"sammy.. please don't talk like that.." she whispered. "If anything happens I will kill myself. There's no point in living in a world without you."
"Don't you dare!"
"I will!"
Wally looked over at them and Susie slowly raised her head to their direction.
"I won't fucking let you do anything like that to yourself!"
"Well what would you do if I died?"
Sammy stopped and turned his head away from her.
"But there are tons of other people who could fall in love with you. No one gives a shit about some lousy music composer."
"I do! It's not fair if I have to keep living and you don't! You'll be dead anyways so I can do what I want!"
He slammed her down onto the bed and glared into her eyes. Wally and Susie jumped up, wanting to pull him of of y/n, but they stopped themselves.
"Sammy, I'm not-"
He pressed his lips against hers and she could feel his tears dripping onto her face.
"I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have said anything.."
"It's not your fault, little sheep.. I guess it's only fair that we die together."
"Are you suggesting a suicide pact?"
He sat up and held out his pinky. Y/n rose up and leaned on her elbow and extended her opposite pinky. They wrapped around eachother and he sighed.
"Even after death do us part."
"Amen."
Susie and Wally watched as Sammy rested his forehead on y/n's.
"It's amazing isn't it?"
Wally nodded as he looked back at Susie, but her eyes never left the two musicians.
"I wish more than anything for someone to love me like that. I thought stuff like them only existed in fairy tales but I guess y/n just got lucky."
"I know what'cha mean.."
She locked eyes with him. Looks like we're always just gonna be the lonely third wheels."
"Nah. We're not lonely if we got eachother."
They both smiled and sighed.
"Well we should try and get some more sleep before tomorrow."
Susie nodded with a yawn and grabbed Wally and pulled him down with her.
"Night teddy bear." she said causing him to blush. "Night little sis and grumpy but."
Sammy muttered something but she couldn't exactly hear it and just assumed he said 'night' back.

It didn't take long for Susie and Wally to fall back asleep, and he was still in her arms.
Sammy and y/n lied in bed staring at the ceiling. She couldn't fall asleep thinking about the last thing she saw from the last dream.  
The deformed figure of Sammy, half covered ink, laying on the floor, reaching out for her.
Sammy was being haunted by the image of Bertrum kissing y/n. He knew she hated it, and she shoved him off of her, but it just wasn't enough. He felt like she was still out in the open for anyone to take. He had always been scared of someone else taking her, and he thought it would stop after he had sex with her, but it didn't.
He thought about their suicide pact.
"Maybe.. Just maybe.. No there's no way she'd agree to that.. But it's worth a try.." he thought.
He looked at her and she returned the gaze.
"You have the most beautiful eyes, my little sheep."
She smiled and poked his nose.
"Your eyes are even more beautiful."
They both smiled, and felt comfortable for once in the stressful and sort of overbearing day.
Sammy placed his head in the crook of her neck, and she rested her head on his.
"Night Sammy."
"Goodnight my lovely sheep."