e p i l o g u e ☾

hey so if someone would like to write me an amazing summary for this story, that would be great because i can't seem to get it right myself. thanks!

"You're squishing me

"You're squishing me." Symphony whines as she shifts in her seat, the pilot speaking over the intercom about our arrival time.

I sigh, raising the arm rest so that she'll have more room but end up getting pushed closer towards Dakota who sits directly next to the window. "You're going to have to work with us here, Sym. I know you're used to first class but going coach was a much needed money saver so please deal with it." I hiss, earning the annoyance of a nearby old woman with her sleeping husband.

"Fine." She grumbles, shoving her purse below her feet with a frustrated sigh, "I guess where we're staying is more important than how we get there."

"Exactly." Dakota chips in, "Plus we can just sleep the whole way to Dublin." He grins, placing his small neck pillow around himself.

"Let's hope this flight is better than the last one." I sigh, remembering our last flight from Italy to Rome with Symphony snoring the whole way there and Dakota constantly using me as a pillow.

"Let's not forget the flight from Greece to Italy." Dakota snorts, "That guy threw up everywhere. I smelled like a dead animal until we landed." His nose scrunches as I pat his arm tenderly.

"I'm sorry. This one will be the easiest, just you wait." I try and reassure them.

"It'd better be considering it's our last." Sym mumbles, leaning her head against the back of the seat. "Great now I'm sad."

I frown glumly. "Yeah I'm not exactly looking forward to going home but, at the same time, I think I'm ready to finally finish my book."

"And get it to an editor." Dakota nudges me, "With all the stories you've saved up over the past few months, there will be thousands who will love to read them. Including me." He smiles softly, my heart warming.

"Yeah we'll see about that. I might not even like it enough to try to get it published. All I know is that, even if nothing comes of the book, I'm glad I did this with you guys. I'm just sad Sam and Winter couldn't make it." My friends faces come to mind, making me smile.

Dakota shrugs. "They've been having a great time back home with Daisy. They've even been taking her to obedience classes ever since she tore up Sam's laptop case." He chuckles at the mention of our group's honorary mascot.

"I miss her." I sigh with an amused laugh.

"Sam or Daisy?"

"Both." I reply, "I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. Especially my dad."

"I'm sure he's ready to see you too." Symphony squeezes my hand, "But we're not gone yet. Let's make the most of our money and see everything Ireland has to offer." She insists strongly,

Dakota raises a brow at my friend. "It's not exactly all our money. With all that our parents' chipped in and some of each of our savings, I'd say it's a pretty mixed pot."

"Yeah yeah same thing. My parents were glad to help out." She responds with a grin. "Now here's the real dilemma...do you think I'll look bad in green?"

"You don't have to wear green, Sym." I laugh at her, looking over at Dakota as he shakes his head and rolls his eyes at our friend.

"Yes I really do. It's Ireland, how can I not wear green?"

"Just like you couldn't not wear a beret every day we were in Paris?" I ask her with a raised brow.

"Exactly!" She points a finger, "It's like wishing for bad luck."

"Well I didn't wear a beret." Dakota shrugs, "And I'm fine."

Symphony glares at my boyfriend, "Says the guy who got puked on."

"Whatever, Sym." He chuckles lowly, laying his head back against his pillow and reaching for my hand. His fingers tangle in mine as we both settle into our seats.

Traveling through Europe with your boyfriend isn't exactly what you would expect it to be. For Dakota and I we've had several fights, a difficult time living in the same space all the time, and on more than one occasion Symphony has complained about being a third wheel while Dakota has said the same thing.

It's not all perfect but it's real. It hasn't all been amazing but so far it's been beautiful. So what if I have to save up a little longer for a car? I got to go places, see things, live life.

Sometimes things don't end up the way you planned but maybe what God has in mind is always greater than anything we can ever plan ourselves.

So maybe I don't know what exactly I'll be doing in the next ten years. Or even five. I probably don't even know what I'll be doing a few months  from now to be completely honest. But I've discovered that I like it that way. It keeps life exciting.

Dakota wasn't exactly apart of my plan but look how well that turned out. I can't imagine my life without him. What can I say? I'm happy.

And that makes it all worth it.