cuarenta y tres

fuck.

zach hadn't stepped on the house for days and jack could only think of the bad luck he had. just at the moment when zach was at home had to happen this.

jack got out of his daze when he saw the pain in zach's gaze. he had hurt him and jack felt so bad for having kissed gabbie back, all he wanted to do was hug him. he avoided gabbie as fast as he could, zach turned around and ran out of the room.

at that moment jack felt like an idiot. why didn't i react by pulling it away if i wasn't liking the kiss? if i felt that it wasn't correct.

gabbie stood nervously looking at the place the chestnut and then looked at a place in the room. jack saw that she was looking at her phone. gabbie had recorded that. "i'm sorry." she heard the whisper of the one who was supposed to be his best friend, but that she has been so selfish that jack no longer knew if she really was.

jack didn't know if she recorded it to upload it for the fans or if she recorded it to upload it and made val jealous. but that hadn't been good at all.

jack ignored her, picked up gabbie's phone and threw it hard on the ground causing it to break. "fuck you, gabbriela."

then he ran to the exit with anguish, unaware of his steps, since his goal was zach herron. he was about to leave when jonah and emma got in the middle of the door.

jack stopped and tried to move them. "what the fuck are you doing?"

"give zach time," emma said.

jack got rid of them, ran as fast as he could. jack shouted his name, but zach did not turn, and suddenly he no longer saw him. when jack was abroad, he started looking for him all over the street. suddenly he looked up because a noisy engine caught his attention, and saw him in a white car with the boy who brought corbyn home. jack didn't remember his name.

what jack did all afternoon was looking for him on his motorcycle, he went to the sides that zach used to visit and didn't find him so he gave up and went to his house waiting for him to be there. he rang the bell twice and stopped at the entrance, maybe his mother knew where he was, although jack didn't know if he wanted to tell him.

jack took a deep breath when he knock twice, jack expected to meet mrs. herron's gaze, however, he find himself facing ryan herron's unperturbed face.

"is zach here?" zach's brother's dark eyebrows rose, jack tried not to look desperate, but when he saw ryan tilt his head he realized that he had failed, ryan knew something bad happened.

"you look like shit," he said, shrugging. "i don't know where he is."

"if he pass by here, could you tell him that i'm looking for him?" jack asked, stepping back.

one of the corners of his lips rose, however, jack found nothing pleasant in his half smile, apparently ryan was enjoying a private joke. "uh, jack." ryan started, his flat bell didn't calm him, nor did he cross his arms and touch his lips with a pout. "zach and i are very different, although he is my older brother, i have never seen him that way. he likes unicorns, he's in love with fireworks, he still think there is something magical in the fucking rainbows, i think he still keeps ariana grande's posters and his camp rock diaries."

jack dint know what he was telling him all that.

"i like to bother him because he squeals and turns as red as a tomato." ryan continued talking. then his face became serious. "but i don't like others to bother him, do you understand? because he is the best person i know and deserves the best, so for god sake i hope you haven't broken his pretty, noble, silly and pink heart. "

"have you hurt zachy's heart?" asked reese pouting and peeking out the door.

"i-" jack didn't know what to say about all that.

"yes, he has." ryan replied and reese made the saddest face jack had seen in his life.

"i didn-"

before jack could explain himself, ryan interrupted him. "by the way, if he returns, i don't think i will let him know that you have come to look for him. i have things to do, like forgetting everything you've said." ryan said nothing more and then that closed the door in jack's nose.

but jack wasn't going to give up. he sat on the stairs in front of his house and waited. the hours passed, but jack didn't move, someday he has to come back home, right? then i will be here waiting for him.

time went by and all jack could think about was everything that happened. first gabbie saying that, she kissing him to probably annoy val, jack realizing that he no longer feel what he felt for her, gabbie's phone broken, zach with a broken heart, and everything going to hell.

the only good thing about what happened was that jack finally knew and was convinced that he no longer wanted to gabbie that way, kissing her was like kissing anything, he felt nothing; he didn't feel the sparks he felt when he kissed zach, but this time he didn't even appear that sensation nice there once was.

jack would have liked to realize that in another way and not with a kiss in front of zach.

at about nine o'clock a vehicle stops in the garage, jack stood up with his eyelids narrowed because the headlights had blinded him, the lights went out before the pilot's door opened. jack caught sight of zach asleep in the front seat. his father turned to jack and watched him, waiting for zach.

"good evening, mr. herron, could i talk to zach for a few minutes?" jack asked nervously, so much that he felt like his legs would bend.

"he is asleep as you can see, i think you better go." he said seriously. jack was going to say something more buck zach's dad kept talking. "only two things make my son cry: when he is allergic to something and when his heart is broken. i have a feeling it has to do with you, boy, so for now you can't talk to him. zach will look for you when he is ready. "

josh herron didn't move until he saw how jack left his property. jack was sad, he lost zach.

===
word count: 1119

look how hot are they

𝓌𝑒𝓉 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓈