cuarenta y cuatro

zach got up when he heard the dishes moving in the kitchen, he ran his hands over his sleepy eyes and gave a yawn.

without stopping to think about everything that was happening, he got out of bed to go outside his room, but not before checking that he hadn't been late for breakfast, sometimes he fell asleep for so long that even skipped online classes. the fucking online classes.

his father smiled at him as soon as he saw him, he was facing the stove doing something that smelled great. his father liked to prepare him and his brother and sister breakfast on weekends, which was when he didn't work, then they went out to the park or did anything together like riding bicycles and watching cartoons.

zach dropped into one of the dining room chairs, waiting for his father to ask, because he already knew he was going to do it.

"do you want your pancakes to be jammed or do you prefer them with vanilla ice cream?" asked josh, making him smile, because that meant that his father knew him enough to know that he didn't need to ask because zach was going to talk about it.

when zach set out to tell him, his smile disappeared.

"he has been in love with a girl for a long time, they were together but she broke up with him because she didn't feel the same, so we started dating when jack miraculously realized that i could attract him. you already know his parents, they are very strict and i don't think they want him to date a guy who couldn't even end up high school when he should instead of gabbie, who is the perfect girl."

his father listened quietly while he was doinhg the pancakes.

so zach continued speaking. "a few weeks ago gabbie decided that she really liked him and wanted to go back with him. and yesterday she kissed him at home, the painful thing was that he let her do it, he did nothing to get rid of her. he didn't care about me."zach said with clenched teeth and fists, hit the table, causing a crash."he didn't we are... well we were still dating. "

zach didn't knoe if they still be dating or not. but he guessed they weren't.

"are you going to crush spiders with your fists?" asked his brother appearing in the kitchen and watching as zach tried to broke the table.

zach looked confused at ryan and then turned his attention to his father who was holding his cell phone, the flash jumped and the sound that he had taken a picture was heard. zach stared at him because he didn't know what he was doing.

his father put his phone in his suit pocket and shrugged, returned to the stove and turned the bread roll. "what? it's the first time a boy breaks your heart, aren't parents supposed to capture moments like this? "

"is that a good memory, anyway?" zach asked, but he couldn't contain the laugh that comes out of his mouth and ryan joined him sitting next to him.

in silence his father served breakfast, putting vanilla ice cream in the zach's pancakes and honey in the ryan's. then he sat down and watched them with a small smile. only her mother and sister were missing but they weren't because her mother was taking reese to her dance classes.  reese had now deciced that she want to be a professional dancer and it was impossible to say no to her.

"it's good to have a broken heart, you know?" said his father eating his breakfast that was an oil toast with tomato and coffee. "in the midst of sadness it is when we meet ourselves, it is when we can investigate and discover ourselves. it is easy to live happily, but not sad because it is hard to face our true selves. loneliness and sadness make us value what we lost or what we want, what matters to us. without broken hearts we could not value happiness when you have an entire one, and what would be the point then? "