12

I noticed the windows were open in the house and the door was unlocked. This meant he was home. I took a deep breathe before making my way inside. When I walked in, I noticed how clean the house was, as if it hadn't been touched since I left. The tv played loudly and the sound of my dad on the phone in the kitchen made its way around the house. He sounded stressed and I felt bad. I made my way towards the kitchen quietly, when I finally reached it I peaked my head around the corner.

"No. She's been gone for days, sometimes I wonder if she's just going to leave. I'll have to tell her at some point, if she finds out from someone else, she'll never trust me again!" My dad said loudly down the phone before I cleared my throat. He whirled round and hung up the phone, looking at me once over before rushing towards me and pulling me into a hug.

"You've had me in bits, Lilly. I thought you had up and left, or even worse." He said pulling away from me. "You've gotta stop walking away after we argue, sometimes I worry you won't come back." He said resting his hand on my cheek. I knew what he meant. We had a strict no leaving the house after an argument if it isn't resolve, in fear of the other getting in an accident and getting hurt on bad terms. My mum made it and we kept it. I let whatever he said on the phone go for the now.

"I'm sorry dad. Something happened with Mitch and I just left. I've been staying at Jesse Pollocks place." I said and dad looked at me funny.

"Why's your lip bust?" He asked concerned, almost if he thought it had something to do with Jesse. I pondered if to tell him the truth and decided I would.

"I was in a hockey match yesterday." I nodded turning back to him, I nodded with a proud smile. "I won us the game." I said and my dad made his way over me, gripping the sides of my face.

"Oh, Lilly. I'm so proud of you!" He said pulling me into a hug. After he pulled away, we made pizza and sat on the sofa. I told him about my new job and everyone at the office, I told him about Auston and Will showing up at the game yesterday. Then he asked me the question I had been dreading. 'What happened with Mitch?' I answered it but I didn't want to.

"I don't think it would even be that bad if I hadn't of put so much trust in him. I even thought I might love the guy." I said and dad looked at me quickly before looking away again.

"Mitch is a good kid, Lil. I mean I shouldn't say kid becuase he's 21 year old and he's perfectly capable of making his own mistakes. But maybe you should hear him out." He said and I just sighed and nodded. As I was about to speak the sound of yelling came from our driveway and I quickly jumped up. I made my way out to see Mitch kneeling on the ground and clutching his face, Will and Kasp held back Auston. I've never seen him so angry in my life, smoke would me pouring out of his ear if
it could. I noticed Jesse and Corwin standing at the top of the road and I rushed them inside.

"What the fuck are you guys doing?" I asked. Mitch didn't look up at me but in this moment I wasn't focused on him. "Auston as much as I am thankful for you sticking by me. You've also got to remember that you guys are teammates. Don't let my situation interfere with your guys relationship." I said and Auston looked at me. Will and Kasp had let go of Auston and he looked at me softly.

"Go home Auston, cool down and then come back. Yeah?" My dad asked and he just nodded. The three guys got in the car and I waited till they left before rushing over to Mitch who was still on his knees on the floor, blood pouring from his nose.

"Come on then, Bud. Let's get you cleaned up." I whispered as my dad helped me get him up and in the house. Corwin and Jesse went to talk to my dad in the den while I cleaned up Mitch. He still didn't even look me in the eye,

"I played a game of hockey yesterday." I said just above a whisper. "I also won it." I said again and Mitch looked at me momentarily before focusing back on the tv. "I've also started a job at Bardown at TSN. I'm really enjoying it." I whispered and Mitch closed his eyes.

"That's really good, Lil." He said softly and I melted against him again. His voice bringing back all the feelings I had lost, the warmth of his body pressed against mine.

"I trusted you, Mitch. I leave you in a bar to talk to my friend, then when I turn around your flirting with some other girl." I said a bit louder this time and he opened his eyes again. This time he looked me in the eye as I fell back on my knees.

"I had went to the bathroom, I had maybe had a few too many drinks and when I came out, there was this girl waiting by the door. She cornered me and started telling me these stories. I went along, laughing and joking with her. But once she was done talking, I came looking for you. But Auston said you just ran out." Mitch explained and I looked at him carefully, looking for any ounce of a lie.

"So you weren't flirting?" I asked quietly and Mitch just shook his head, he placed his hand on my cheek and pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"I wouldn't break your trust, Lil. I value it too much." He whispered. I smiled gently and finished cleaning the rest of him up, but not before I kissed him.