Chapter 9 - Preparations

The next morning, everyone gathered at the Meade Hall. The chief himself was there. They were planning to decorate the hall for Snoggletog dance tonight.

"Alright everyone! This is it! Come on, let's get to work." Hiccup said as he himself carried a box filled with ornaments. He walked towards his buddy Snotlout.

"Hey! So.. Who are you gonna ask to go with you?" Hiccup said as he look up at Snotlout who's hanging the ribbons.

"Who do you think besides my princess?" He smirked.

"Psshh.. Ruffnut?" Hiccup laughed and shook his head. Then he walked to Gobber. "Hey Gobber! We need some of those streamers.. Would you help me hang them up there?" He pointed with one hand to the streamers and moved his hand up on the walls.

"Oh sure, Hiccup. I will.." Gobber nodded and smiled. "Okay. Thanks again." He turn away and smiled, still carrying the box of ornaments.

He pointed at Fishlegs and said, "Hey, hey. Nice one up there, pal.." Fishlegs grinned.

"Gimme that!-" "Nuh uh.. I'm gonna do it!" Ruffnut and Tuffnut argued, pushing each other's head.

"Hey. Would you cut it out? Everything won't be finished with arguments." Hiccup glared at them and they started working nicely. He shook his head and keep walking. Suddenly Astrid bump to him.

"Ouch!-" "Woah!" She fell on top of him. Gladly the box was caught by another viking standing near them.

"Oh.. Love on the Meade Hall." Tuffnut said. "Psshh.. They could do better." Ruffnut poked him.

"Oh. Hey milady.. Why are you running? Are you in rush?" Hiccup said, lifting Astrid up.

"Nah. Just came here to check on you.." She grinned. Hiccup chuckled and she giggled. He took the box from the viking guy and put it on the table.

"So.. What are you up to?" Astrid asked him.

"Hmm.. Just gonna add some finishing touches." He cleared the table and open the box.

"What can I do to help?" Astrid asked once more.

"Hmm.. Not sure. Maybe help me hang this on the streamers?" He pulled out an ornament from the box. Astrid smiled and took it.

•• An hour later ••

They finished decorating the Meade Hall. Everyone went home and prepared. Astrid stood there, looking at the ceiling and smiled. "This is beautiful." She said.

Hiccup came to her and hugged her from the back. "Come on.. Let's get ready." He said and Astrid nodded. They went home and get dress.

Hiccup went home and got confused of what to wear. "Oh bud.. What should I wear? I mean. This isn't just an ordinary dance." He asked his buddy, Toothless.

Toothless looked at him and called Valka. Valka knew what to do. She brought Stoick's tuxedo and hand it to Hiccup.

"This was your father's.. He worn that when we had Snoggletog dance. He looks quite stunning." She chuckled.

"Woah.. Seriously, mom? I can't wear these. These are dad's." Valka smiled. "It's yours now.. Go on, try it." He smiled and put it on. Valka laughed.

"Incredible. Astrid would love it!" He said cheerfully. "She sure will." Valka replied.