Chapter 37 - Morning Prank

The next morning, Hiccup woke up finding his wife sleeping beside him. He smiled and rub her back. Astrid move closer to him and hug him.

A minute later, Colt and Skye appeared behind the couch. "Boo!" They shouted. Hiccup look at them. "Shh.. You might not wanna wake your mom." Colt glance at Skye then nodded.

"Hmm.. Can you both help me?" Hiccup asked. "Yeah sure. Help you with what?" Colt said. "Well, I need to make something for breakfast and your mom here.. You know.." He said.

"She's sleeping and you don't wanna wake her up?" Skye asked. "Exactly!" Hiccup replied. "Okay.. Piece of cake." Colt said and high fives Skye.

Hiccup carefully remove Astrid's hand and hurry to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. While the kids watch over their mother.

Then they started to get bored after watching for just 5 minutes. "Argh.. Really.. Is this what it feels like to watch over someone?" Colt groaned. "Yeah.. I feel like dying right now.." Skye lay down on the floor.

"Pfft..." Colt rolled his eyes and lay down beside his sister. "Boring.." He said. They didn't realise that Astrid's been watching over them instead of they watching over her. So, she got up and sneak to the bathroom to wash her face.

By the time she got inside the bathroom, Hiccup came out of the kitchen. "Okay then.. Is she awake? What is going on here?!! Wha- where did she go?" He said as he look at the kids who's laying on the floor. "Guys.. I told you to watch over your mom.. Not laying on the floor."

"Well, we got super duper bored. No worries dad, she's-" Colt was pretty surprised when he got up. "Wait, what? She's gone?! We were just laying down for a minute.." He said.

Astrid came out from the bathroom and stood behind Hiccup. "She's gone?!?" Skye asked as she got up but spot her mom standing behind his dad. "No she isn't.."

"Guys.. Where is she?!?" Hiccup raised his voice. Astrid shook her head, smiling quietly. Skye giggled and Colt wondered. "What are you laughing at?" He asked Skye and spot his mom standing behind his dad. "Haha.. Very funny.." He chuckled.

"Argh!! What's so funny?!? We just lost our one and only mother!!" Hiccup shouted as he feel something touching him from behind. "Oh come on, will you stop touching- Aaahhh!!" He turn back and saw Astrid, bursting out of laughter.

"Nice one, mom.. You nearly got us killed.." Colt said. "Haha.. Sorry guys.. You go play outside now while I talk with your dad." Astrid replied as the kids went outside.

She turn around and saw Hiccup standing in front of her. More like glaring at her. "What?" She asked. "Don't pretend that you don't know.." Hiccup answered. "I..don't know what you're talking about.." She said. Hiccup raised an eyebrow and drag her to the bedroom.

"Ahh let me go!!" Astrid shrieked. Hiccup locked the bedroom door and walk closer to her. "Eh.. What are you doing?" Astrid walked backwards and reached the corner of the room.

Hiccup stared at her and blocked the way out."Hiccup? What are you doing?!? Hiccup!! Say something, you fishbone!" Astrid screamed. "Fishbone? Who are you calling fishbone?" Hiccup asked.

"Eh.. You?" She answered. Hiccup raised an eyebrow. He lay her down on the bed and sit between her legs. Then held her hands. "Hiccup this is unusual.. What is going on with you?!?" Astrid asked.

"Don't you ever do that again!" He said. "Do what? Exactly?" She asked. "You scared me to death! I thought you're gone and you appeared behind me like ghost?!? Are you kidding me?" Hiccup shook his head. "I.. I'm sorry.. I was just going to the bathroom.." Astrid said innocently.

"Well you- Arghh nevermind.." He said. Astrid got up and put her hands on his face. "Look at me.. I'm here, Hiccup.. And I'll always be here.. Okay?" She kissed him on the lips and he smiled.

Astrid smiled back at him. He grab the huge blanket and cover Astrid with it. "Hey! Get me out of this thing!!" She shouted. Hiccup laugh and hug her tight as she squealed.

•••

Admin: Phew.. Long story. Dude my hands are tired. Gotta go massage my fingers. Arghh..

Astrid: Ahhhh admin!! Get me out of this huge blanket!! And also this fishbone who's hugging me so tight!

Hiccup: I'm not letting you go! Never!!!

Valka: GRANDBABIES!!!! I WANT MORE GRANDBABIESS!!