Four

The rest of summer flew by. It was filled with cheer practices and the occasional nightmares of Thomas. Although the nightmares seemed to happen less frequently as the Fall semester inched closer.

I didn't see as much of the mystery boy as I wanted to, but there were a few times we exchanged glances and smiles when they would walk through the gym, or run the track, but nothing really came of it.

I kind of liked this flirting, it was almost safe. As strangely as it sounded, it gave me anxiety to think about starting over with someone new. Thomas did me extremely wrong, but in a sense, I felt like after all that I had been through, I just wanted to take the easy road and just be by myself. It is easier and takes less effort to learn to love yourself, than to teach someone else to love you.

I shuttered in my sleep to his touch. A pair of hazel eyes shot up and gazed into mine. His muscular face haunted me. I had never seen anything more flawless.

As his soft fingers ran up my arm, the goosebumps trailed behind. When his hand reached my cheek, I closed my eyes to take in the moment. For a brief moment I felt the warmth from his hand as he caressed my cheek. When I reopened them, I lost his touch and found myself staring at the ceiling. I laid there for what seemed like twenty minutes. I would rather have a million nightmares about Thomas rather than lose this boy's touch again.

Before I knew it, it was nine in the morning, and I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I yelled and rolled over to face the door.

Addie swung the door open, "Are you ready, college buddy?" she joked.

She was dressed so simple but yet so elegant. She had on some white jeans with platform sandals and a light blue crap sweater. I, on the other hand threw on some blue jean capris with holes in them, and a pink tank top with my favorite nude platform shoes.

"Yes, of course!" I smiled back at her.

"Look at us, were twinning with our shoes," she laughed, "Only us."

I quickly finished my breakfast, said bye to my brother who was too into his phone to even acknowledge I said bye to him and we both left.

We rolled onto campus and quickly realized we should've gotten there a little sooner because there was no where to park. After a five-minute ride around we finally found a good spot and Addie pulled in.

"Addie, we need to hurry its already nine twenty five!"

"Oh crap, late on our first day, typical us," she giggled while we both fast walked into the building and turned a corner.

We saw the classroom door and rushed in. The whole classroom was filled up. Except for a few seats in the front.

While walking toward the cluster of empty seats, I saw from the corner of my eye someone look up and begin stare at me.

When we sat down, I nudged Addie and began to whisper, "Hey, I think that's the guy!"

Addie turned around as if she was looking at the clock in the center back of the wall and turned back around.

"Omg Kass, I can't believe it! That's him! And he is sitting next to someone even cuter than him!"

I thought to myself there couldn't be anyone more attractive than this boy. The professor came in and set her stuff down. I knew it was going to be a boring class. Psychology. But having the mystery guy in my class just made it a lot more manageable.

Of course, the first day was boring, but interesting. I read that normally, on the first day the professors go around the room and ask what your name is and one interesting thing about you or something of the matter, but this specific professor did not. As much as I wanted to know his name, she didn't. I was so let down. I had to know what this boy's name was. I was tired of referring to him as 'mystery guy.'