Ten

As we walked through the practice field fence, we saw Nick and Brandon standing in the middle of the field. Nick with a football. They were already in their t-shirt and shorts.

"So, you guys didn't chicken out?" I asked playfully.

"Never," Nick stated with a hint of determination in his voice. Brandon just smiled at Addie.

"Okay here's what is going to happen, boys against girls. We will let the ladies have the ball first. It might give y'all a little advantage," Nick chuckled and tossed the ball to me. I surprisingly caught it.

I wouldn't even call what we were doing a game. We were everywhere. I told Addie to run and I threw her the ball. She caught it and kept running. Before she could get to the end of the field Brandon swooped in and picked her up. They were both laughing so hard. I could tell this was going to be fun.

Brandon took the ball from Addie and yelled for Nick to go long. Nick took off running and I trailed behind him. I noticed he slowed down when he realized I was chasing him. He looked for the ball and sped up to catch it. He caught the ball so flawlessly and kept running with it. Again, he slowed down to let me catch up to him and I jumped on his back.

"That counts as a tackle, right?" I was breathing hard.

"Nope! You got to bring me down with you!" he laughed.

"That's not fair! I am too small for that," I said and jumped off not realizing the scent I was leaving behind. I wanted to jump back on and inhale enough to last me for a lifetime.

Nick flicked the football to Brandon, Addie stepped in front the ball and he let her catch it. I started running and she threw me the ball. I surprisingly caught it and kept running.

"Hurry Kass, he is right behind you!" I heard Addie warn. I turned around and noticed Nick was gaining on me. I was overcome with a rush adrenaline and tried to speed up. I was almost to the end zone when I felt hands touch my waist. That same pair of hands grabbed me tightly but carefully as they threw me on their shoulders.

"You're a cheater!" I screamed at him still clutching the football.

"There is no rulebook, Kassidy!"

I was overcome by the smell of his cologne once again, and I loved it. He gently put me down and we walked back to Brandon and Addie.

"Well I think its safe to say we won," Addie kidded walking to stand beside me.

Brandon sucked his teeth, "Yeah, right."

We walked together to the Rec Building. "We will see y'all later Ladies, time to grind," Brandon smiled and hugged Addie. I looked at Nick as he walked closer to me and opened his arms.

"Bye loser," he laughed.

I hugged him, and we turned and walked down the stairs to the blue mats. We were almost done with practice when we saw the boys start their jog around the track. I found Nick with my eyes and we exchanged smiles. Same with Addie and Brandon.

The boys were still jogging when we finished our practice, but we went ahead home to catch up on our homework.

Short chapter I know!

This is kinda just a fun/ filler chapter! I hope you guys enjoy!

-Tay 🌷