Six

Nick?

Finally, I can finally put a name with his perfect face. He was no longer 'mystery guy,' but the next question was, was he interested in me? Or did he just like laughing at me? Was I even ready to take whatever this was past the level of flirting? I adored the idea of someone loving me right, growing and maturing with someone, but I didn't think I was ready for that.

Would I ever be ready?

Addie and I gave him encouraging smiles.

"And this is Adeline and Kassidy!" Brandon looked back at Josh and Nick.

"Awe, you remembered," Addie laughed with a sweet look on her face.

"Of course, two of the prettiest ladies on campus," Brandon added.

Nick glanced at me hard and fast. He slightly smiled and looked back at Brandon. Brandon was such a flirt. I could tell Addie adored him.

"So, what are you pretty ladies doing this evening?" Brandon asked.

"Probably going to grab something to eat and go shopping," I said and bit my lip.

I kind of hoped they would want to come with.

"How about y'all?" Addie asked, wanting the same answer.

"Food sounds good, boys?" he looked at both of them, watched them nod, and then turned back to us, "Where were y'all going to go?"

"I don't know, what's good around here?" I asked.

"I can show you ladies a good spot, hop in your car and follow us," Brandon said and started walking toward the parking lot.

The guys followed him like puppies.

We hopped in our car and both let loose.

"Are we really about to hang out with these guys?" I giggled.

"So, Nick huh? That's a cute name!" She just laughed.

"Hurry there they are. Follow them!" I demanded.

"I'm going, I'm going," she assured with a smile still present on her face.

Brandon was leading the way in a nice silver convertible. Nick followed closely behind with a red Jeep Wrangler. We pulled out behind Josh who was in an older model of a mustang. We followed them for a good bit, twisting and turning down the roads of Atlanta, freshening up our makeup along the way.

Finally, we pulled into a tiny little restaurant. We all parked, Addie and I composing ourselves from our childish manner before we got out of the car.

The place was cute. It looked like a small diner. When we walked in a man approached us from behind the front counter, "Hey son, I see you brought some new friends!"

"Yeah dad. This is Adeline and Kassidy," Brandon said and smiled at us.

"Nice to meet you ladies. I am Brad Jones."

We could tell it was his dad, they looked almost similar. Me and Addie looked at each other and laughed.

"He's your dad?" I turned to Brandon.

"Yep! Ever since my mom died, he has put his all into this tiny restaurant, if you ever need my dad, he's here."

"I am so sorry, Brandon," Addie sympathetically replied while the mood of our conversation turned melancholy.

"It's okay. We have learned to cope with it. It has definitely been hard, but at least we have each other," Brandon replied.

They seemed to have such a strong connection. His dad was so nice.