Eleven

As weeks passed, we got closer with the boys and started to hang out almost everyday. Addie's relationship with Brandon grew intensely, but it didn't happen that way for me and Nick. There were some things that I wasn't ready for, and on the other hand he was holding back as well.

My thoughts and nightmares about Thomas didn't subside either. Although I noticed that they would occur less and less the closer Nick and I got to each other, they were still always there to taunt me. I was sure Thomas would be happy to know that.

There was another big party tonight. We had planned to go with the boy's group. We had a big game tomorrow as well. We told our parents we were staying with Hannah again and packed our overnight and cheer bags before we left. We had an away game this weekend; one of our first.

Our moms only visited the home games. They didn't like to travel which was ironic because of how demanding their job was with traveling. Addie calmed down my nerves with a promise to accompany me during all visits to the bathroom throughout the night, the boys weren't too keen on letting us wonder around either. We met the boys at their dorm after we finished getting ready.

On the walk up the stairs, I admired Addie's outfit. She was wearing a stunning skintight red dress. It was okay to dress up for this party though, this was a sorority party, and sorority girls liked to dress up for their house parties.

She caught me looking at her, smiled and told me I looked beautiful. I was wearing a black crop top with a tight skirt that cut off a little above my knees.

I pumped Addie up a bit before we knocked on the door by saying, "He isn't going to be able to keep his hands off of you tonight."

"Come in!" Someone yelled from inside. We opened the door to see the boys in the kitchen making some drinks.

"Ow, Ow!" Brandon yelled while walking up to Addie and kissing her.

I smiled at the two of them being flirty when I noticed Nick intensely staring at me. I walked in the kitchen where he was and gave him a playful nudge.

Although our relationship hadn't blossomed sexually, we had still become close friends. As awkward as I was around cute boys, knowing in the back of my mind that it would never amount to anything, and that we were just friends decreased my anxiety on that subject a little.

"What are you making?" I wondered.

"I made you this, try it," he said and handed me a cup.

"Sorry, I was advised not to take drinks from strangers," I laughed.

He rolled is eyes, handed it to me and said, "Kassidy, you look amazing."

I blushed as he continued his stare. He was the only person who called me by my full name other than my mother when she was angry with me. It was growing on me.

I took a sip of his mystery drink and my face puckered up. "Wow. That's strong." I coughed a bit tasting pineapple juice and tequila.

"Can you handle it?"

"You haven't had the privilege of seeing me really party yet, have you? Well, not to brag but I'm quite they animal," I giggled.

"Oh, are you?" Nick mocked.

Shortly after we left, we joined the boy's group and finished the walk with them. We walked into this beautiful house and started socializing. I met so many new friends. It was like I had blossomed. I had the alcohol to thank for that as well. As anti-social as I normally was, the alcohol helped me come out of my shell even more.

Addie never left my side, just like she promised. We went to the bathroom together and as we were walking out the same creeper was nearby.

"Hey girls, can I get you a drink?" He paused. He took a better look at me and then said, "I remember you, you were the lightweight from a few weeks ago."