Forty-Two

I met Addie and her mother at the gate and drove them home. I was so happy to have Addie back.

"Can I spend the night with you?" Addie awkwardly asked on the car ride home.

"Yeah sure. You don't have to ask." I laughed. She gave me a fake smile.

I parked the car, helped Addie and her mother bring their bags inside and we trailed off into my room.

"Are you okay?" I asked Addie as she slung herself onto my bed and buried her head into my pillow.

"Maybe," she spoke.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Addie looked at me with worry in her eyes and answered me with, "So, I am late."

My eyes widened at her statement. "What?" I walked toward the bed and sat beside her.

"I was supposed to start last weekend but with all of the distractions I forgot about it. I got sick this morning and I played it off as just eating too much food, I don't know."

I was beginning to get concerned for Addie. Obviously, her and Brandon had been having a lot of sex lately, but I would hope that they had been careful and used protection.

"Are you guys safe?" I asked.

"Of course. We always wear a condom, we are always careful, that's why I am confused," she looked up at me.

"Well we need to get a test," I said as I pulled myself off of the bed and grabbed my keys and spoke again, "Come on, lets go."

Addie followed me down the stairs and out to the car.

When we got back from CVS, you could tell Addie was super nervous.

"Have you spoke to Brandon yet?" I asked her.

"No, you are the only one I have told. My mom is going to kill me," Addie said as she closed the bathroom door. Minutes later she came out without the test. "It is on the counter," she stated as she walked toward the bed.

I slowly walked into the bathroom and peeked at the test. Thankfully the test only had one line, which meant 'not pregnant.' I let out a deep breath and tossed it to her.

"You need to be more careful," I said and looked at her with a serious face. "I am too young to be an aunt," I laughed while showing her some humor.

Addie rolled her eyes at me and we turned on Netflix.

"What are the boys up to tonight?" I asked Addie.

"I don't know, I was going to go over there and hang out with Brandon later, do you want to come with?"

"Of course," I smiled.

On our way to the boy's apartment, Addie was debating on telling Brandon about the pregnancy scare.

"I think you should tell him; You guys need to learn to be more careful," I scolded.

"Yes, mother," Addie laughed. "What do you want me to do? Put two condoms on him?" she joked.

Once we pulled into a parking spot, we both got out and walked up the steps. We knocked on the door and Josh opened it.

"Hey guys." Josh smiled.

After we said hey, Addie asked where Brandon was.

"They're at the gym but they've been there a while so they should be coming back soon."

Addie and I made ourselves comfortable and turned on the T.V.

After about twenty minutes the boys came through the door, glistening of sweat.