CHAPTER TWO

When Harper had hitched a ride, with a few people, to start her unplanned journey, she had not expected to end up in New Orleans

As she held her single duffle bag, and with just enough money that could last her for a while, she decided, to at least find a job, in case she was in need for money.

Harper looked down to her wrist at her watch," Quarter until 2, I guess I have time to look for a job, but I bet I won't find any right away" she mumbled as she spent a few hours walking through the streets, looking at some businesses, but none seemed to be hiring.

"At this rate, I should sell my organs" Harper joked quietly, but then, she had not expected, a certain witch, to hear it, making her chuckle out loud, that Harper turned to the person.

The witch, being Freya Mikaelson, who had been out, doing some errands, cursed to herself for laughing at a strangers joke that was not even meant to react towards.

"I'm sorry, that was awfully rude of me" Freya apologized to Harper making the young girl chuckle

"It's fine, I'm glad just to make someone laugh" It was true, Harper had actually enjoyed the feeling of making anyone smile, it was something she liked.

"But honestly, I might be serious, finding a job here is really tough...and there I go rambling to a complete stranger, sorry about that" Harper apologized

Freya tilted her head," Are you in need of a job?"

Harper turned red, in realization, at how embarrassing the situation was, but she knew it was the truth, and the woman, didn't seem like a bad person, so she decided why even bother lying," Yeah, I mean I'm going to be staying at a cheap hotel for a while, and I'll need money after a while"

Freya looked at the girl, for a moment, and then smiled," Well, how about you work with me? I own a small shop, and I actually just had an employee quit recently" she offered

Harper's jaw dropped at the sudden proposal, she almost fainted," A-Are you sure? I mean, I'm just a stranger, and all and- I'm rambling again" Harper scratched her cheek with a finger as she let out a small laugh.

"I'm definitely sure" Freya couldn't say that she saw Harper's strange aura, it was soothing, but also, it had a strange and faint falter, which confused her, but she knew the girl in front of her, was a good person, and she could use a happy girl like her around, especially in her witchcraft shop, that is disguised as a herb shop for humans.

Freya had reached over grabbing Harper's duffle, making her confused," Also, I have a studio upstairs, you can live there, I sometimes use it, but I don't want my newest employee, to have any inconvenience"

"W-What? Oh, um, I-"

Freya chuckled at her," Freya Mikaelson, and I am not taking no for an answer"

Harper looked at the outreached hand and then smiled in defeat," Harper Kingsley"