CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

5 months-oh how Harper had not looked at the counter since she had been spending almost every waking moment, living, every moment like the last with the one she loves

She had not looked at her phone, throughout all those months, even if it was to check if her parents had contacted, and when she saw the only single message from them," We love you Harper"

She fell to the ground, as tears spilt out of her eyes, and the sound of her cries, filled the Mikaelson home, quickly alerting everyone present, and the first being by her side, was Elijah, as he lowered himself to the ground, as he held her in his arms.

He was afraid to ask, as she cried into his arms, what had happened that had made his treasured beloved cry so much, was she in pain?

He found his answer as he looked down, to the lit-up phone screen, that had the message from her mother.

Harper had known full well, how she ran away, how horrible it was to her beloved parents, who just wanted to be there for her when she could no longer take care of herself.

"How could I do this to them?" Harper cried, knowing that Elijah had looked at her phone that laid in front of them," I just abandoned them, when all they wanted was to love me unconditionally"

Elijah had known from the moment she told him everything, that she was going to break down one day, wanting her parents, for even his love was not enough for her, not when the days were numbered.

"Do you want to see them?" He asked as Harper closed her eyes, as tears still kept falling down her cheeks, as they fell to the floor.

"Yes, I want to see them- but, I have...a favour I'd like to ask from you" Harper mumbled, as Elijah kissed the top of her head

"Anything for you, love"

She couldn't say it now, and she didn't want to know, that it was a cruel thing to do, but it was the only thing she felt like they deserved, especially for her choice of running.

She was going to spend a week with her parents, all the happy moments, that they could, and then, she was going to make them forget her entirely, it was a cruel decision, it was most forbidding, but Harper did not want them to live with the pain of her eventually leaving.

Was this the right choice?

Was she going to truly make the one who gave her a home, the place that made who she was today?

Just to forget it all?

Although this was not a decision, she truly wanted, deep inside, she was screaming, she was angry, with even thinking of the idea of taking precious memories from her parents or anyone for the matter.

Would Harper really just make this choice with the faint of her heart?