CHAPTER FOUR

It had hardly been a week since Harper had got a job from Freya, and she was finding herself loving it already

The strangest thing about the job, was that she only works during the daytime, for only three times a week, and the rest of the time, she spent it around New Orleans.

Harper still didn't feel the complete feeling of the life she was thinking about to have, but maybe she didn't need to party or get drunk, maybe just having a job, spending each day without her parents breathing down her back, was all she needed.

The one thing, Harper had not expected was to find herself getting close to Freya, who had slowly started to become not just her boss, but becoming a friend, and a close one, which horrified her.

Harper didn't want to have anyone getting close to her, especially since she was dying, but she couldn't help wanting the feeling of friendship. She liked the freedom feeling of no one knowing she was sick since it gave her no eyes of pity, or words of sympathy.

Just like most of her days off, since Freya wasn't usually around, she would spend it around the town.

Harper had not received any calls from her parents, since the last with her mother, and she had known it was going to be painful and unfair to them, it was remorse, but Harper had chosen to run away, she knew the consequences.

When Harper reached the small café, she had it had only one other customer, who seemed like he was deep in thought.

It was strange but it felt like she saw a lot of things that must be going on his head. Her legs were in control and she felt drawn to him, as she found herself, sitting next to him at the bar stool.

"You seem like you have a lot going on your mind" Harper blurted out not realizing she was actually just going to approach someone.

The man snapped out of his daze, turning to Harper," Oh, yes, that's exactly what's going on" The man chuckled

Harper smiled reaching out her hand," Harper Kingsley, sorry I just approached you when there are like a bunch of empty seats"

"Elijah Mikaelson, it's a pleasure to meet you Harper, and I think I'm rather flattered, that you chose me for a conversation"

Harper let out a small gasp confusing the original, and she snickered," Do you happen to know Freya Mikaelson?"

Elijah looked at her and focused to see if she was any supernatural, for precaution, but he didn't sense any and realized she was just a normal human, with a certain, aura that seemed like it was weakening, but he chose to ignore it.

"Yes-Freya happens to be my older sister" Elijah wore his signature smile, one that was genuine, and Harper returned it

"Small world! Freya is amazing, you see I- Oh, gosh, I'm sorry, I was going to just ramble, I do that too much" She raised her hand rubbing her neck as she let out an embarrassed chuckle.

It was a strange occurrence for Elijah, despite her being a stranger, with her strange aura, he couldn't help but feel like he wanted to know the woman, that just came and approached him," No, I would be delighted to know your story, Ms Harper"