CHAPTER SIXTEEN

The moment Harper had become a resident in the Mikaelson home, it meant she'd eventually hear their story, about how they became immortal

"So, you lived for over a thousand years?" Harper asked completely baffled

Kol chuckled in amusement," Yes, Harper"

"Intense" Harper mumbled, making Elijah who was reading a book, smile at her reaction, he had been sitting at the same spot, listening to Kol tell her about all the things he had done and experienced.

Elijah had enjoyed all her reactions, and cute noises, she tended to make. He had wanted to also tell her his stories, but he feared what she'd think about him, especially since he had done a lot of horrible things.

The last thing Elijah wanted, was to give a bad image to Harper, and think that she should put a guard around him.

He was grateful, that Kol had strayed away from anything gruesome and horrible in his stories.

Instead, Kol told her all about his lovely tales of all the different women he met in different time periods.

"You're not only an Original Vampire, but you are also an Original womanizer" Harper joked making

Kol laugh out loud, making him hold his stomach," Oh gosh, I can't believe you actually said that!"

Elijah found himself laughing quietly to it, and also melt at the laugher Harper was letting out, he had wanted to make her spend all the time she had, happy, and free. When he had thought that, he felt the painful tug in his chest, abhorring her being sick.

Kol had eventually dismissed himself, leaving only Harper and Elijah left in the central room," I've heard Kol's story, would I be able to hear yours eventually?" Harper decided to be bold as she turned to Elijah.

He lowered his book and peered up at her, he was pleased that she wanted to know about him, but also he was dismayed with not knowing what to say, since he had been by the side of Niklaus most of his time, and majority of his tales, he did not have the faint of his heart of telling someone as pure as Harper his own story.

"If I must confess, my tales are not, as exciting as Kol's, and-"

"You don't have to tell me anything you don't want, just tell me all of your greatest, and happiest moments. I don't want you to tell me anything that you think makes me uncomfortable, it's not my right to judge anyways" Harper intervened his sentence, knowing the discomfort he was having.

Elijah sighed in relief, feeling the worry he had slowly disappeared, how he had forgotten, that Harper was not expecting an autobiography. She just wanted to hear what kind of things he had experienced.

That was the one, thing he had been so very drawn to the human, she was definitely one of a kind to him.