CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

For once Niklaus had dropped all his thoughts, and went straight to thinking about Elijah," Brother, she has cancer" He whispered, not liking the subject since he had rather fancied Harper Kingsley

"I know brother" Elijah admitted," Freya had left months ago, and I told myself not to give hope in her journey, but I will be eternally grateful for her effort"

Niklaus reached over, pulling Elijah in a hug, one that they had not have had for many years, but right now, he just wanted to embrace his brother," Brother, why did you have to fall in love, knowing this would happen?"

"I can't stop the feeling, and you know that as much as the next person Niklaus, just these short months, I fell deeply in love with Harper" Elijah confessed, while still in the arms of his younger hybrid brother.

"How much longer does she have?" Niklaus asked, and as much as Elijah hated that question, he knew his brother didn't mean it in any hurtful way

"At most, 4 months, she can still eat-but her intake had decreased, she-" Niklaus tightened the hug, stopping Elijah since his voice was starting crack.

Niklaus and Elijah had pulled out the hug, as they both looked at the bedroom door," Why don't you put her in slumber, and allow all of us to find a way?"

Elijah turned to his brother," How can I do that to her? You don't know how long it'll take, and being in a slumber for so long, brother I-

"Do you love her?" Niklaus cut him off, as he peered into his eyes

"Of course I do" Elijah immediately answered

"Then, why not do it? We have all the time in the world, and I am sure, that there will be some kind of way for us to heal her, especially since Vampire blood can't do it"

"I think that's a brilliant idea," Rebekah said as she appeared next to her brothers, having listened to the conversation the whole time," Brother, I know how much you love her, and I know for definite, that you vowed to never love again once she is gone"

"Also, she is the first woman, that literally had my dear older brother, weak to the knees" The three turned to Kol who had now joined his siblings," We are Mikaelson's, and we always find a way, so why must you waver brother?" Kol asked Elijah

"How do I just tell Harper; I am going to put her in a slumber for who knows how long?" Elijah looked at his siblings," How do I tell, her that I'll find a way for her to live when she already knows she is dying?" He continued," How do I tell my belove- with that, it was the first time ever, since being vampires, have the Mikaelson siblings see, Elijah fall to the ground crying, and breaking down.

For them, Elijah was always the one who held them in his arms, whenever they had cried, but seeing their brother, their Noble, Selfless and most loving brother, cry, it was enough for them, to know, that Harper Kingsley, was the one, who had stolen his heart.

Rebekah, instantly knelt down, wrapping her arms around him, and he turned, in crying in her arms, as the blonde female looked at her brothers, they both felt the pain in their own hearts.