Never Again Will I Love

SUMYA WREN
    I weep on his dead body, clutching his hand to my chest, that was warm only minutes previous. I slowly rock myself back and forth. I cry thinking about him and where we started. He was a broken, orphaned boy. My family took him in, and his sister. We gave him family. He didn't deserve death. He deserved something good in his life. Not war. Not me. I killed him. I killed him. I killed... him.
    "Why!" I whisper and sob, trying to shake Ky back to life. I bring my one hand to my face and wipe away tears. "Come back to me! Wake up! It's time to wake up!" I whisper. It doesn't help. He's gone. Forever.
My desperation increases as the realization sinks in. My tears have been dried and my lips taste of salt. The sour taste of blood, tears, and sweat tease me, but they're too late. I'm familiar to this. I thought I knew what pain was, but this is beyond what I've been through. It's funny this hurts me more than the soldiers, hundreds of soldiers, I killed on the battlefield. Thoughts scream at me. You selfish coward that need to let go. You evil girl. You selfish-. I stop. I let the boy in front of my distract me. It's hard to look at him. To stand and murder the one you love, without choice. I thought love was different. I thought it was strong enough to break any spell like this. I was wrong.
I slowly look up. Kylo is long gone. Something inside me is grateful, but I don't understand. Why? There has to be a reason he left but the reason doesn't pester me now. Not when Ky lays dead on the ground. It won't bother me until he rises on steady feet and can help me burn this empire.
I spot Tieyan and Quin a long distance away. They stare gawking at the sight. How Quin got here I don't know.
Then it hits me.
Kylo isn't here, gloating his last victory because he is currently being overrun by the alliance. I stare at Tieyan. Begging. She comes quickly to my side. Her steps echo and match my beating heart beat.
"It's okay. Everything is okay."

If only that were true....

KYLO REN
              We are losing against the small of the Rebelion. The loss isn't great. The only thing we have to lose is Sumya. Troops are disposable. Ky is not. My smile widens.
              Revenge is sweet.