8 Years Later

Tris POV~

If I could sum up the meaning of life in three words, I would say it goes on. Age is one thing I wish never existed. Tobias and I are in our 30s. Tenley is 11 years old and her brother is 8 years old. We got lucky, they are such wonderful kids. My love for Tobias has gotten stronger, I haven't talked to Caleb ever since that day.

"Mom, Ava and I are going down to the pit." Tenley walks out in her black shorts and shirt. Her hair was like mine, dirty blonde with a hint of gold.

"Be safe. Don't do anything stupid." I look up from the papers I'm writing.

"Yeah yeah." She walks out and Tanner comes into the kitchen.

"Dad and I are gonna go down to train. I wanna watch the new initiates." He grabs a drink.

"Alright, I'll have a party by myself." I laugh.

Tobias walks in behind me and kisses my cheek, "You could come."

"Ew. Get a room!" He runs out the door.

"Be good." I whisper and hug him.

"Always am."

The letters I started writing were if anything had to happen to me or Tobias. Our kids would have these letters to read. They are brave and can handle any situation that falls into their hands.

I get up and walked to the pit. I haven't really been out in the city lately and I think Caleb and I should chat. People waved to me and cheered. Let's just say I became more known. My feet carried me to the trains and my hair blew back into my face. The air filled my lungs and I felt weightless. I finally caught up to the train and settled down.

The sun was setting making the sky a orange color. It was beautiful, cities were built and it felt amazing to see our city come back together. I hop off and head to the Erudite head quarters. I slip in and hear whispers. It was Caleb's voice so I hid behind a wall.

"She's divergent. She can't be controlled. Jeanine wanted her dead and we need to continue onto that plan." He is talking about me.

"But sir, she's our leader and more importantly your own sister. She saved your life!" A woman protested.

"She was my sister. After she dies, we will attack Tobias and I'll take care of my niece and nephew." He orders.

"But Miss.Eaton is smart. She's a fine leader, divergent or not she built the factions back up. Sorry Mr.Prior but we decline your plan." A man spoke.

"Divergents killed our original leader. They are dangerous, they will kill anyone. I'll make a deal, kill Tris and Tobias or I'll kill you." He threatened.

That's when I knew their lives were in stake. I walk out and aim my gun at Caleb.

"You son of a bitch. Never threaten my people, you are going to be thrown out of this city." I growl. He slowly turns around and aims the gun at me.

"Oh selfless Tris. I knew you were here all along. See the cameras? People want you dead." He puts a finger on the trigger. That's when I felt a gun to my head.

"Shoot me and the whole city will fall apart all over again. Divergents are different but not dangerous. We protect not reject." I quickly shoot Caleb's leg and duck. The gun shot off and hit the wall.

I stabbed the man behind me and called the Dauntless Compound.

"Yeah?" Zeke answered.

"Back at Erudite. Shit went down." I aim at Caleb.

"On our way." He hangs up.

"You're right Caleb. I am divergent and I cannot be controlled. Everyone else take cover please." I warn.

They cheered and went back to their desks. I protect my people. Never put them in harms way.