Stage Two Mental/Emotional

Tobias POV~

Today initiates will be going through their fear landscapes. More importantly we get to find out whose divergent. When someone is divergent, a program called SOD or Safety of Divergent watch the initiates and protect them. It's 6:00 AM and I have to wake up my beautiful fiancé.

"Tris. Wake up." I stroke her long dirty blonde hair.

"Tobias stop. I'm trying to sleep." She whines.

"It's stage two." I whisper and she flies out of bed. She runs into the bathroom and takes a quick shower.

She then grabs a black tee shirt and jeans. Her hair is up in a pony tail and she did that all in 6 minutes.

"Tobias get ready or we can't get the pancakes today!" She rushes to find her shoes. I'll never understand.

Tris POV~

I totally forgot that today is stage two. I'm so excited and I got ready under ten minutes. Also pancakes are free and the offer ends in 30 minutes.

Tobias walks out in a black shirt and black jeans. It's almost been a month since he's proposed. As for Shauna and Zeke her parents freaked. But that didn't break them apart. Christina and Marlene will be planning her baby shower. Lynn and I get to buy decorations and the cake. Great.

We arrive to the simulations room and everyone is ready.

"Alright today you will be exploring your deepest fears." Tobias explained.

"This is called your fear landscape. You'll go through how many fears you have and you will be timed. It's not about getting rid of them but how you deal with it in a matter of minutes." I tell them and all they do is nod.

"First up, Hilary." And then she started to get nervous.

We shut the door and Tobias got the serums ready. I told Hilary to relax and that she will get through this.

Tobias injects the serum into her and she closed her eyes. We watched the screen, Hilary was in a lake. All of a sudden alligators were swimming towards her. She started to swim away and find land. Yet there was only water. Then she did only a divergent would do, she thought of land and a big sand area appeared.

"She's Divergent..." My voice trailed off.

"I'm calling right now."

Hilary went through all her other fears, being eaten alive, spiders, snakes eating her family, loosing all her friends, being factionless, having a heart attack, school, and her brother. All of that under 4 minutes.

"Okay Hilary, you are divergent. A program will be protecting you just in case. Other than that you have 8 fears. You'll be just find for initiation." Tobias explains.

"What does Divergent mean?" She's confused.

"What makes you different, makes you dangerous. You can be awake during the simulation." I explain.

"Oh okay." She answered. Then she walked out.

"Next!" Tobias shouts. After that we see everyone else's fears.