We Are Safe

Tris POV~

Tobias and I decided to confront the anonymous maker. I'm shaking like a dog. Whoever wants us wants Tobias. He might be right though, Evelyn might be the writer.

"Tris everything is gonna be fine." Tobias circles my hand with his thumb. He must have noticed I was shaking.

We walked to were the factionless compound is. I hear a branch snap and voices talking. I swing my head towards Tobias. He grabs my waist and pulls me close. What is going on?

"I thought I made it clear to come alone Beatrice." A woman spoke.

"Tobias..." I whisper.

"It's her. It's Evelyn." His grip on my waist tighten more.

"Tobias! You brought my son with you?" She shouts.

"I'm not your son anymore. You hurt my initiate and more importantly you were going to kill Tris." He growls.

"Of course I was going to kill her! You guys are engaged! She doesn't deserve you!" She screams.

"No I don't deserve her. She's my world." He gives her a glare.

"Not for long. Shoot her." She orders.

I start to panic. I'm not letting Tobias sacrifice himself. I hear a gun shot and I run in front of it. Then there was a searing pain in my left shoulder. Red blood rushes out.

"Tris!" Tobias shouts.

Then guards were coming after me. Tobias shot at them and I threw my knife at them and it aimed perfectly. Minutes later they were on the floor.

"Evelyn stay away. Come near us again and you'll have this to deal with." I give her a deadly look.

"I never want to see you two again anyways." Evelyn cries over a body.

"Let's go Tris, we are safe now." He kisses my forehead and helps me to the train.