Secrets' out in the open

Develon had only realized last night the mistake he had made...

He wasn't supposed to reveal his demon form until later! Grr, idiot!

No matter... no matter... Not like these "Skylanders" as they call themselves could find any true means of beating him. Hopefully this will further implicate how truly powerful he was and will lead them to eventually surrender Skylands to him. That will do nicely.

Develon looked up at the sky. Fluffy cotton candy like clouds, sky blue sky, cute little birdies and other flying critters going about, hot air balloons and ships going around. Skylands was, admittingly, very nice. And normal Bubble Dragon would absolutely love to be here!

But Develon definitely wasn't normal. Born with more demon blood then Bubble Dragon, making him a dragonic demon hybrid rather then a demonic dragon hybrid. And there is a difference between the two you know. He had big wings, very rare for Bubble Dragons, and could blow fire without the aid of some magical power-up like other Bubble Dragons, also very rare. It was because of his demon blood he had those traits where others didn't.

Demon blood has a weird way of choosing the normally recessive genes of a creature. That's way demons are so open to having hybrid children. A sense of uniqueness.

But still, Develon didn't mind Skylands' pretty looks. Heck, he wanted it all for himself for its positive impact! So much diversity, so much to do, so much to control! If he could find something here that had the power to help him conquer the universe, then he'd absolutely LOVE it!

Wow... No wonder people called him demented.

Good thing Skylands was so full of islands! Develon had found this sweet piece of rock uninhabited and claimed it all for himself! No way those "heroes" would find him on this obviously uncharted slab of dirt! And it had a cave system that Develon could chill out in during rain and stuff, which is sweet! Develon would prefer a castle or a mansion, but he knew that wouldn't be for a while yet.

He could relax now though. No way anyone would find him unless they stumbled upon him by accident!

Meanwhile

Scorpius had heard through the grape vine that there was a demon dragon on the loose somewhere in Skylands. How awesome would having the skull of one of those be like!? And judging from the beast's description it was a whale of a dragon!

A massive dragon with large black and purple scales, sharp claws and fangs, gigantic wings, burning red eyes, and a roar that could be heard from miles away? Oh H*ll yes! Killing a beast like that would definitely show the Skylanders just how powerful Scorpius was! I mean, it took out a portion of the Dragon Temple yesterday! Besides, he could use something to show up Rae for making him work with dragons.

Yeah... That witch will pay...

And so what if Scorpius had to lie to Kaos? Sure, they should be looking for Taurus of the Zodiac Warriors, but it's not everyday you get the opportunity to catch a mighty demon dragon! Draining its energy will allow Scorpius more then enough power to take on Malefor... Yeah, the urge was that "bad"...

How fortunate Scorpius grew up with those who knew how to track even the trickiest of dragons, wouldn't you say?

Scorpius: (sniff) ...That direction, 15 miles to the East! I smell a dragon's scales!
Jagged: Hard left captain!

Later

Develon was blowing his own bubbles to pass the time and to relax. But then a shadow flew over. Obviously an intimidation tactic. Develon stopped and looked around.