Developments

*this chapter takes place at the same time as the last chapter*

Eteru: 😨 A...A Worldender hybrid!?
Malachite: Uh, yeah? That's what dad told me. And Sal here told me you're one too right? Hot dog! Speaking of which I'm still hungry. You got anymore food? :p
Fireburn: ...Sailiga also said you had Amber too right?
Malachite: Hm? Oh, um, well yeah, I guess. I don't know how to use them though. Dad didn't get a chance to tell me before his jerk-ish Worldender "friends" found me out.
Eteru: 😨 Th-they did!? Wh-what did they do to you and your parents?
Malachite: My 'rents? Well, I didn't get much of a chance to know my mom so I don't know about her. As for dad, the other Worldenders forced him to watch as the Aipom or whatever he was called threw me into a black hole. Sooo, safe to assume he's either dead or chained up or something.
Sirin: *gags* I-I'm sorry but a BLACK HOLE!?
Malachite: Yeah. Never go near one of those things by the way. It hurts.
Eteru: HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE!? Black holes are inescapable!
Malachite: I don't know. I don't remember what being in a black hole was like. All I know is that I was shot out of a white hole somewhere around here.
Fireburn: WHITE HOLES EXISTS!?
Sailiga: Quite greeko. See Malachite, a black hole has a gravitational pull that bot even light can escape, but a white hole has a gravitational "push" that shoots out light all the time.
Malachite: ...Huh?
Sirin: *sigh* I've known Xilas long enough to see where this is going. Basically a black hole sucks everything into it, while a white hole shoots everything out of it.
Malachite: Oooooohhhhh!😮
Sailiga: Now greeko that everyone is settled and introduced, I suggest we get to the heart of the matter here. (Clears throat) Gentlemen- and lady- we are currently facing a potential crisis on our hands. To understand just how disastrous this situation is, we must start with explaining just what lead to this predicament. Eteru?
Eteru: Huh? O-oh, um, right. Well, see...

Eteru first explained how he came to find out he was a Worldender hybrid and about his powers. He remembered all too clearly what happened on the Lion's Pride. Next he explained how he met Sirin and how he came to know of Rosette the Worldender. Then he told them that not long agter coming to the Academy, a mysterious crystal was found by him in his own room. After seeing it was a communication crystal he unintentionally started talking to Rosette via said crystal. After a brief fight she told him a prophecy involving three canine people coming to Skylands and will bring an end to it all. Then via the crystal again, Eteru encountered Reba, the first of the canine trio, and was told that she sensed other individuals like him. An Incarnation of Darkness and a Special Being Questing Beast to be exact. After learning that the only thing keeping Reba away was a shield that Carina, Eteru's Worldender mother, had left to protect Skylands from the other Worldenders, Reba threatened she could and would wait until the shield was weak enough to pass through. Since then, Eteru had been trying to prepare for the moment she would arrive and begin the prophecy.

And unfortunately, that time had come. The crystal was stolen by, surprise surprise, Crocavile and he had inadvertently contacted Reba. Apparently Reba made a deal with Crocavile but of course Reba turned tables with him and took over his body. Reba, in Croc's body, had attempted to steal something from Verraten le Muerte's office. But Sirin and Saitama, Sirin's Quilin, had stopped her and made Reba appearin physical form to fight. The fight went south when Reba slashed Sirin with one of her cursed tessens and teleported away. Fortunately Sailiga was in the area and healed Sirin of the infection the tessen caused and took her to Eteru to report what happened.

Sailiga: ...And now, Reba is out there, waiting for her chance to strike. She's probably watching us as we speak, laughing at our efforts. That's why you, Fireburn and Malachite, are so important to us. We must combine our efforts to defeat Reba before she can fulfill the rest of the prophecy!
Fireburn: Question. Can you explain to me what this prophecy says exactly?
Sirin: It speaks of the canine trio coming here to ravage this place. The first part about Reba has already come to pass, and Reba herself is aware of the exact words Rosette told Eteru. I know because one of the last things she said before teleporting away from me was something about the "sibling minor", the second of the trio to arrive.
Eteru: The third of the trio is some powerful warrior. He's supposed to be the strongest of the three, and judging from the prophecy itself, Reba alone could being Skylands to its knees!
Malachite: I got a question. So, Eteru and I are Worldender/Amberscale hybrids, Fireburn is just an Amberscale/purple dragon hybrid, Sirin's a "Incarnation of Darkness", and you Sal is a "Special Being Questing Beast"?
Sailiga: Yes.
Sirin: Your point?
Malachite: Um... What exactly IS a "Special Being" to begin with?
Fireburn: I have begun wondering that myself Sailiga.
Eteru: Come to think of it... You haven't really explained that part to me either Sailiga.
Sirin: And not even I am familiar with the term nor the creature. What be it a Special Being?
Sailiga: Oh. Well... It's complicated. For more "simple" beings at least. We're almost as rare as the Worldenders, have exceptional power and intelligence, and are usually... "religious" should we put it. We come in many forms, unique to us in the Order.
Eteru: "Order"?
Sailiga: Yes... I feel that that will be all I say for now. And please, don't complain. Us Special Beings are quite secretive due to our... enlightened status. We are rare not for social reasons like the Worldenders, but for just how drastically affected we can be changed by trauma at a young age. Fortunately I lived past the danger of such an incident to me. As for any more information, it's best to hold back from telling you. The less you know, the braver you'll all be greeko.
Sirin: ...I can understand that. I suppose I can hold off from asking any more then what you wish to reveal to us.
Fireburn: You mentioned an "Order" of some sort. Can you explain that?
Sailiga: 😯Well.... *sigh* I suppose I must. Okay, so understand that within mortal societies such as ours, there are myths and legends of almost God-like beings yet not quite Gods.
Malachite: Ooohhh. Like...Um... Hercules?
Sailiga: Not quite. He was the son of a God. That's not quite what I mean. Perhaps it's best to explain those in the Order... The Celestial Order. First there were merely three races within the Order. Us Special Beings, the Nymphs, and the Deities. Then there was discovered a race we now call Cosmic Beings, who could defy natural law and logic. The three races decided the Cosmic Beings were gifted and powerful enough to be considered the Fourth Race. Then a group of celestial dragons formed and forcefully began a pilgrimage of purity. Or as the other races called it, a war of mass genocide. These dragons held no restriction to destroying any and all worlds that they felt were corrupted. The other races fought with these dragons for ages before finally they made an offer. These dragons- The Worldenders as they were called- were given the opportunity to become the Fifth Race, but they would have to restrict their corruption destruction to that of the higher will. The Apex. I believe the book you were given on Worldenders explains this struggle Eteru.
Eteru: Yes, it does...
Sailiga: Eteru. Malachite. Please understand that all five races of the Order are, at their core, neutral in the balance. Nearly everyone else in the balance is Angelic or Demonic. You are either born into your side... or not born at all. Hybrids, such as Raven, are caught in the middle of this struggle. The Celestial Order, however, get to freely choise their side despite their bloodline or even not have a part in the matter since we are as powerful and high up in the balance as we are. Please understand... Worldenders are not evil. They believe it's possible to prevent the corruption of innocent worlds by destroying the forms of corruption in others. Believe me all, Special Beings and Nymphs have been trying for countless ages to reason with them. Especially about how they consider having hybrids of their kind and others are utterly unnatural and, what else, corrupt. That may have something to do with Cthulu and the other Ancient Ones but that's besides the point. It was ultimately their fear of corruption that led to them, the Deities, and even some Cosmic Beings to wipe out Amberscales from existence. But, as you can see, those with Amber have, just barely, been able to survive. *sigh*... I know this is all very sudden and stressful and such, but we must understand all we can of not only the enemy, but ourselves. If we win this battle with Reba... We can win against the Worldenders, and make them change there ways even a little bit! Please...