Darker things

Taurus? Great. Now Kaos will scream at Scorpius for not finding Taurus "like he should've days ago". Grrr, wait until Kaos dealt with Develon, then maybe he'd understand.

Scorpius wasn't sure what to believe at this point. Was... Was Rhudan really alive? Suppose that the lava didn't even touch him after all? No... he had to be gone... no one could walk away from something like that... But Develon's description of that ice dragon he supposedly fought matched Rhudan quite well. Maybe-

No, he's gone. Gone and left you like dry ice.

Scorpius: *groan* What?... Who are you!? Show yourself!
???: I do that and you'd go bonkers. Relax. I'm helping you here.
Scorpius: I heard your voice before... where?
???: During you and Develon's little scuffle of course. I saved us from that maniac.
Scorpius: What? What do you mean "us"?
???: You and I of course. We're two sides of a coin. I've always been here. And don't bother calling Jagged. He can't hear me. No one can except you.
Scorpius: Who or what are you!?
???: Ssshhhh... Keep your voice down. You wouldn't want everyone thinking you have schizophrenia or something, do you?
Scorpius: Answer my question!
???: ...I'm you, of course.
Scorpius: 😐... Is this some futuristic bull or something?
???: No. Don't be stupid. Let me put it this way now... Remember how Raven had a demon form? A whole different personality under that hood? That's what I am to you.
Scorpius: ... You're a... split personality?
???: Close. I'm your demon half. (Chuckles) Go ahead and try to take it in. Most people have some harsh reactions to being half demon.

Scorpius was honestly quite shocked. Was he... Was he really half demon?! How!? Scorpius went over to his nest and leaned against it as he was trying to absorb this new information.

It was happening.

It was real.

Scorpius: Ok, assuming you're right voice-
(Demon voice): Which I am.
Scorpius: How did I end up being half demon? Develon's doing? Furori's? ...Malefor's?
(Demon voice): No one's. For you- for us, it was one of our ancient ancestors. They were demonic in blood, and the demon gene was passed down until the normally impossible moment of the demon gene becoming recessive. It skipped multiple generations with little to no effect on them. Until you- until us. I wouldn't know all the details. But there's no changing it Scorpius. I am the demon viper in you, keeping you protected and alive. You accept this of you?
Scorpius: ...Is this like Persona or something? It just seems kinda Persona to me.
(Demon voice): ...I guess it does, now that I- S-stop changing the subject! Do you accept that you and I can exchange control over the body or not!?
Scorpius: ...What if I say no? Just out of curiosity.
(Demon voice): Well... I suppose you would end up like Raven. She fights for control over herself, and she doesn't trust her inner demon at all. And believe me, I seek to keep us alive. If you ever die, I die with you, and a demon's will to live is so strong it'll keep both of us alive. Please, believe me, I beg of you. And believe us both I HATE to beg. It's weakness to me...
Scorpius: ...Well, I guess there really no changing that I'm half demon. Alright, but that monster I was is only to be used when absolutely necessary hear?
(Demon voice): But of course! No demon viper form unless necessary! Now we have no "inner demons" of our own! Ha!
Scorpius: *sigh* What a minute. Demons and demon hybrids are immune to toxins and stuff right? Then why does my own fear toxin hurt me!?
(Demon voice): Hm? Oh, that. Allergic reaction probably. Then again Wyrmillions were pretty weak to most sicknesses.
Scorpius: A Wyrm- what?!
(Demon voice): The thing your dream from ages ago tried to tell ya. Your grandfather was the last Wyrmillion dragon once upon a time, but you inherented his gene, so now you're the last Wyrmillion. Why do you think Furori tried to capture us? He obviously knew too much for his own good.
Scorpius: I... I'm the last Wyrmillion? What even is a Wyrmillion?
(Demon voice): Don't you remember your studies? Oh wait, you always did find the "extinct chapter" an absolute bore. Good thing I paid attention.