Chapter 9

Time skip: New Year's day (31. December)

'Dazai didn't come yesterday...I haven't seen him since...well...the last time before Christmas.' Without thinking any longer about Dazai, (Y/N) continued his work behind the counter. Today was the last day of the year. The last day he would work this year.
In a few minutes Kaito and Misaki should come over with their families. The three families planed to have a small New-Years-Party during the night.

After some more minutes had passed, the wooden door to the living room opened behind (Y/N). "Hello (Y/N)!" Both of his friends said at the same time, smiling brightly about the fact that they are going to stay over for the night. "Hey there, wanna have something to drink?" The boy smiled at his friends while boiling some water to make himself some tea.

There weren't many costumers in the shop. After all it was the last day of the year, most of the people were at home with their families or probably working, so they don't have a reason to come here. But that wasn't too bad. (Y/N) was actually quite happy about the fact that people share a day tighter with their treasured and beloved ones. He was even happier that his friends are going to stay over, so that they are also having a nice last day before a new year was confronting them.

(Y/N) turned around to face a new guest after he heard the slight ringing of the bell about the door. His eyes got bigger as he saw the bandaged boy in front of him, who he didn't see for the last week, always worried if something had happened to the regular customer. "Good evening, I would like to have a cup of green tea." The bright voice kept resounding in (Y/N) head as he blinked a few times to stop starring at him. "Sure." With a smile on his face the younger boy made him a fresh cup of tea, always having in mind that he would proof today that Dazai had been wrong all the time. He definitely wasn't staring!!!

"...guys...I have never stared at Dazai before, haven't I?" (Y/N) asked with quietly as he sat down besides his friends while looking at the male in the corner of his eyes. He was right, wasn't he? "I mean, I don't even have a reason why I should have been doing that. He is just a random guy who walks in almost every single time. That's not a reason m! Right? Right?!"

Both of his friends looked at each other for a short moment until they began to smirk. "Well, I wouldn't say staring..." Kaito began to talk and it already seemed like they wouldn't end so quickly. "...more like you were eating him with your eyes..." Misaki opened her eyes wide while looking around in the Café, resting her gaze on (Y/N) again. "...or you tried to burn down his cloths, scanning his body, every detail of it." Kaito joined the action of his friend, opening his eyes while moving closer to the other males face.

"No no no no! You two must be joking! When have I ever done that before? Burning his cloths with my eyes, you two must be imagining things or wanting something to happen." (Y/N) suddenly didn't felt confidence any longer, maybe his friends had a point. A smile one. Baby point... "If it really was like that, then I am sure you can tell me a few situations, at least five!" He hold up his hand with stretched fingers while he tried to keep looking as if he wouldn't care about what they were going to say.

A few minutes later

"Or maybe that one time where-" "Okay Okay! Stop it!" (Y/N) sighed heavily as he put his hands over his face. After at least five minutes of listening to his friends detailed stories, his nerves had found an end. "I never noticed any of those times! I thought I was just normally looking, was it really that bad and...obvious?" "I told you, it really was that obvious"

Within a second the boy turned around on his chair as he heard the voice of the bandaged guy behind him, who was leaning on the counter. "Why-How-Why didn't you tell me he was standing there all the time!!" (Y/N) didn't know if he was blushing or just trying to scream as quiet as possible so his cheeks heated up. "He wasn't, he just came over." Kaito smiled a little bit as he leaned against the cold wall, crossing his arms and looking at Dazai.

"I just wanted to ask if you would like to go on a Date next year~"